KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Tekken 3 vs Anything (Fighting Games)

Tekken 3 vs Anything (Fighting Games)
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Tekken 3 vs Anything (Fighting Games)

Is there are fighting game that can match this utter legend?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 09:16 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Nope. Tekken is the GOAT fighting game. Not one comes close.

The UFC games are a solid second place though, with Mortal Kombat coming in 3rd.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 09:54 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Never really liked Tekken's block mechanics.

VF:4 Evo is more my style, but exciting it isn't.

Dead or Alive 3 is just awesome. No competitive scene, though.

I guess MK's my favorite fighter.

But I'm more about beat 'em ups/hack 'n slash's anyways. God Hand, Ninja Gaiden, Bayo, that kind of thing.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 11:56 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

... Smash bros.?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 11:57 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
... Smash bros.?
I don't even know how I forgot about Smash Bros

PWNT

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 12:09 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Soul Caliber 2
MvC2

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 12:19 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

MvsC2 is too good for top lists. Because they're subjective, while, we re talking pure, objective, scientific fact here.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 12:24 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Is there are fighting game that can match this utter legend?

In terms of what, exactly?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 02:14 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

My Armageddon was pretty epic

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 02:32 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Injustice/Mk X

Rest...

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 04:11 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat!!!!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 09:07 PM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Estacado
Injustice/Mk X

Rest...

Lol @ Injustice being close to Tekken 3.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 02:18 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Injustice was a pretty good fighting game...

And you could argue that Tekken Tag was a better game than 3.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 02:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Injustice is great!
Imo it's the best super hero fighter ever.

Tekken X Street Fighter was also pretty cool.

I also love Tekken (hate the Jin wank though.Hope Kazuya kills him and Heihachi in 7.)
Not sure I like the whole ultra thing they came up for the new game.

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Jan 26th, 2016 at 02:38 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 02:35 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

1v1 me in injustice m8

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 02:40 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-

Tekken Tag 2 was pretty great.

Too bad nobody plays it on the 360.

Not one mention of Soul Calibur. That series was pretty big. Almost everyone was into SC II back in the day.

Personally, I like playing SC 5 way more then other current 3d games, and don't see why its so hated. So what if it has new characters? Gameplays still good, and Cervantes is the only character worth a damn anyways..

Last edited by cdtm on Jan 26th, 2016 at 03:05 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 03:01 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
1v1 me in injustice m8

Sold my 360 not long ago dont have Injustice for ps4 yet.

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 03:26 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by -Pr-

Not if you're sane.

I know I make this claim a lot, and turn out to be wrong, but I don't think its very surprising to hear that Tekken 3 is considered the best Tekken game of all time by pretty much everyone.

Some people say that Tekken Tag is their favorite, someone said Tekken 2 was their favorite, but both people agreed that Tekken 3 was undoubtedly the best.

I'll get people who disagree, and you're allowed to, by all means, but honestly... You can't really doubt that Tekken 3 is considered the best by most people, because thats a commonly known fact.

Injustice was good, possibly even better then MK9.

BUT, it certainly can't hold a candle to MKX, Super Street Fighter II, Tekken 3, BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND, etc.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 06:39 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Tekken Tag 2 was pretty great.

Too bad nobody plays it on the 360.

Not one mention of Soul Calibur. That series was pretty big. Almost everyone was into SC II back in the day.

Personally, I like playing SC 5 way more then other current 3d games, and don't see why its so hated. So what if it has new characters? Gameplays still good, and Cervantes is the only character worth a damn anyways..
Character Creation, m8.

Also, Patroklos was literally bad enough for people to not even wanna buy the game.

The game has so little content, its appalling.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 06:40 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Not if you're sane.

I know I make this claim a lot, and turn out to be wrong, but I don't think its very surprising to hear that Tekken 3 is considered the best Tekken game of all time by pretty much everyone.

Some people say that Tekken Tag is their favorite, someone said Tekken 2 was their favorite, but both people agreed that Tekken 3 was undoubtedly the best.

I'll get people who disagree, and you're allowed to, by all means, but honestly... You can't really doubt that Tekken 3 is considered the best by most people, because thats a commonly known fact.

Injustice was good, possibly even better then MK9.

BUT, it certainly can't hold a candle to MKX, Super Street Fighter II, Tekken 3, BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND, etc.

I actually agree that 3 is the best Tekken game, and not just because I was so good with Forest Law in it. I might even consider it my favourite fighting game of all time, but I'm not going to pretend it's leagues ahead of current fighters.

MK9 isn't that far behind Injustice, and Injustice isn't far behind MKX, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 07:04 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote