KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Red Dead Redemption 2

Red Dead Redemption 2
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Red Dead Redemption 2

http://fraghero.com/rumor-red-dead-...reveal-planned/

The rumor mill is in full swing boys. Apparently, RDR2 is going to be revealed at E3 this year. I'm definitely in. I enjoyed Red Dead way more than all the GTA titles combined, and it's definitely in my top ten games of all time.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 07:46 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

BILL, I IMPLORE YOU, THINK ABOUT THIS!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 07:57 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

You implore me??? You always were one for fancy words. Implores? I-I implores you to go back and tell them to send someone just a little bit more impressive next time.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 08:32 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
http://fraghero.com/rumor-red-dead-...reveal-planned/

The rumor mill is in full swing boys. Apparently, RDR2 is going to be revealed at E3 this year. I'm definitely in. I enjoyed Red Dead way more than all the GTA titles combined, and it's definitely in my top ten games of all time.
You're my boy. thumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 09:50 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here's hoping it's John and not fagit Jack.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 10:04 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
You're my boy. thumb up
(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by jaden101
I miss John too, but he's dead

I'd rather have a new character than be Jack again though

PWNT

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 12:24 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

The next protag should be trans imo.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 04:31 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Tzeentch
The next protag should be trans imo.
And Asian. They don't have enough representation in Western movies.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 04:48 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by jaden101
While John is way cooler than his son, he's dead and gone.

I suspect the story will be about Jack's life as an outlaw before he finally pulls himself out of that life and becomes a writer, which is hinted to happen in GTA when you find the book "Red Dead" by a "J. Marston".

Either way though, Red Dead Redemption is my favorite Rockstar game and one of my favorite games of all time, so I am cautiously optimistic.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 05:45 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by NemeBro
While John is way cooler than his son, he's dead and gone.

I suspect the story will be about Jack's life as an outlaw before he finally pulls himself out of that life and becomes a writer, which is hinted to happen in GTA when you find the book "Red Dead" by a "J. Marston".

Either way though, Red Dead Redemption is my favorite Rockstar game and one of my favorite games of all time, so I am cautiously optimistic.
Good taste in games. This, Udertaile, Dark souls, Old School Thief. You've discovered a ton of badass games before I've played them (I played RDR at launch, but all the others). What are your top games neme

PWNT

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 06:18 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Yeah, RDR is probably my favorite game I've ever played, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. I didn't care for Jack at all, but the article said there may be more than one playable character, so I guess all the Jack-haters won't have to suffer that much, lol. (Assuming Jack is one of the playable characters).

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 07:56 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

There's also the possibility of the game being a prequel, with John running around with Dutch's gang, expanding on their past in a far wilder world. I doubt it, though.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 08:50 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's probably going to be a new protagonist. Every Rockstar game does that.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 11:13 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That's my general assumption. I mean RDR is in itself a sequel and it's an entirely new character. I can't imagine why they'd break that pattern now.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2016 12:47 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Well, all the rumours point at the name being Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West.

Considering the first part is called Red Dead Revolver, why would they keep the 'Redemption' title if it's not going to be a sequel/prequel?

Ps: I know the name can be a herring or whatever, just playing DA

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2016 01:11 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Tzeentch
That's my general assumption. I mean RDR is in itself a sequel and it's an entirely new character. I can't imagine why they'd break that pattern now.

I agree. In fact, it would be entirely disappointing if they did a follow up with RDR storyline. Rockstar games are not about an immersive world and story but an homage to a certain type of popular culture.

GTA3 - any Italian mobster film/book
Vice City - obviously Miami Vice and etc.
San Andreas - South Central/NWA
GTA4 - a more modern mobster film/book plus heaps of 9/11
GTA5 - current culture, modern society.
LA Noire - LA Confidential, Chinatown, old cop movies
RDR - The Searchers, a bit of spaghetti westerns, John Ford movies

I also read that Red Dead Revolver has more homages to Spaghetti westerns than Redemption but I never played it.

There is probably people who are much smarter who can probably do a better job than myself but the point is there. It doesn't seem Rockstar cares about making a continuous storyline(even though GTA does have some character appearances).

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2016 03:58 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Red Dead Revival.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 04:52 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Actually, I heard there is a rumour that it's going to be called Red Dead Revue.

Instead of open world, it's a dance/mini-game collection. It has a Rock Band type music game where you can play in a band with a banjo, grand piano and drums. It also has DDR-ish dance game and an FMV sketch based mini-game.

It will probably look like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClfzctaJZ_M

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 05:33 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

don't scare me like that

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 05:39 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

This needs to happen

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 05:59 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote