KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best games last gen?

Best games last gen?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Best games last gen?

With "last gen" basically over, what were the standouts?

For my money, Dark Souls and Rayman will be those games you'll want to play ten years from now. Especially Rayman.. One of the few, if not only, modern platformers that didn't chase a standard set years ago (Like Sonic Generations did), but raised the bar and became a standard all it's own.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 08:10 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Sonic Generations was ****ing amazing, definitely one of the best Sonic Games ever.

Rayman has been around since the SNES, he'll still be here years from now, but I agree.

Dark Souls as well, with this basically being the last souls game, we can rely on Bloodborne 2 and 3 for our fix.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 09:40 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Skyrim, MGS4, Red Dead, Deus Ex

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Apr 30th, 2016 at 09:53 PM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 09:46 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I still need to buy a new PS3 tho v.v

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 09:49 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Sonic Generations was ****ing amazing, definitely one of the best Sonic Games ever.

Rayman has been around since the SNES, he'll still be here years from now, but I agree.

Dark Souls as well, with this basically being the last souls game, we can rely on Bloodborne 2 and 3 for our fix.

Hey, I loved Generations, too.

It was basically a remake of the best of Sonic, from levels to the awesome rival battles (Seriously, the "Shadow" battle was so awesome, it melted my face. All Hail Shadow and Live and Learn to the power ups were nice touches.)

But in the end, a rehash is a rehash, no matter how well done it is. Rayman Origins and Legends went the extra mile with the unique Wii U controls, and even without that the level designs and boss battles were totally unique.

But yeah, Generations is so good, it makes me regret not being able to play Colors..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 10:14 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Red Dead, Dark Souls, Mass Effect, Dead Space, The Walking Dead, etc.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 10:38 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Hey, I loved Generations, too.

It was basically a remake of the best of Sonic, from levels to the awesome rival battles (Seriously, the "Shadow" battle was so awesome, it melted my face. All Hail Shadow and Live and Learn to the power ups were nice touches.)

But in the end, a rehash is a rehash, no matter how well done it is. Rayman Origins and Legends went the extra mile with the unique Wii U controls, and even without that the level designs and boss battles were totally unique.

But yeah, Generations is so good, it makes me regret not being able to play Colors..
A good rehash can be a great concept.

Look at The Force Awakens for example

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 10:44 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins, Halo Reach, Overlord, Elder Scrolls, Portal, Grand Theft Auto IV, Dead Space, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead.

List goes on.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 11:28 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Forgot about Mass Effect. The second and the ones I named are my top 5 games of last gen.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 11:53 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Mass Effect 2.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 02:23 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The Last of Us, Dead Space, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, God of War III, Infamous, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Arkham City, and Heavy Rain.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 1st, 2016 02:39 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Not going to mention the games already mentioned in the thread, so:

Assassin's Creed 2 & Assassin's Creed: Rogue
Bastion
Bioshock Infinite
Castle Crashers
Dishonored
GTA V
Journey
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Okami (really a 6th gen game, but was remade for the PS3, and is so awesome it deserves to be mentioned)
Outland
Sleeping Dogs
Street Fighter IV (+expansion packs)
Uncharted 2
Vanquish
XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within

+ some others I've forgotten. Meh.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:17 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jmanghan
A good rehash can be a great concept.

Look at The Force Awakens for example

Maybe. Generations was definately the most fun I've had with Sonic since the 16 bit era.

Except for Planet Wisp.. Hated that level.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 01:38 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Maybe. Generations was definately the most fun I've had with Sonic since the 16 bit era.

Except for Planet Wisp.. Hated that level.
Then you'd hate Sonic Colors, since the whole game is based around Planet Wisp.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 02:00 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll throw "Saints Row IV" on the list. The game is just f*cking fun.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 04:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Surtur
I'll throw "Saints Row IV" on the list. The game is just f*cking fun.
The prototype games are in then.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 08:27 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Didn't know Okami was remade for the PS3.

Loved it on PS2 (Might go replay it now smile ), but yeah, it deserves a mention on last gen, remake or not.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 08:52 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Skyrim, Culdcept (Love card games? This one was great), Rock Band, DC Universe Online (and still going strong), X-Com Enemy Within, Dragon Age, Fallout 3.

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 03:17 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote