KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best Gaming Lore of All Time

Best Gaming Lore of All Time
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Best Gaming Lore of All Time

Fallout, obviously.

Soma has one of the most interesting lore's imo.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 02:08 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Elder Scrolls.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 03:52 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

I love fantasy so...it's games like Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age and The Witcher etc. But hey, Mass Effect works well too.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 03:52 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Elder Scrolls lore is completely ****ed up, but gotta love the Lovecraft love. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 05:10 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Heretic/Hexen Games.

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 05:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

My favorite is probably Warcraft. Illidan Stormrage and Arthas FTW.

Last edited by ares834 on May 22nd, 2016 at 05:38 AM

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 05:25 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

No such thing. It's COMPLETELY subjective. Period.

Also, I have a lot of games that I love the lore of. Mass Effect (until 3...) And The Witcher are master class games in terms of storytelling and lore. I read the books for the Witcher and it REALLY enhanced the game. It was a masterpiece before but elevated to legendary after. The Witcher 3 really was a love letter to Witcher fans across the globe.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 06:10 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I enjoy the lore of Mass Effect, even in 3 with the Leviathan stuff, just not how it was implemented.

I wouldn't have said Dragon Age before playing Trespasser, but that opened up a LOT of new possibilities. The books really helped to expand the universe too, which I liked.

Elder Scrolls has some great lore, aye. It's part of the reason I could still tolerate the game even if I found a lot of missions to be a bit "eh".

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 06:44 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
No such thing. It's COMPLETELY subjective. Period.

Also, I have a lot of games that I love the lore of. Mass Effect (until 3...) And The Witcher are master class games in terms of storytelling and lore. I read the books for the Witcher and it REALLY enhanced the game. It was a masterpiece before but elevated to legendary after. The Witcher 3 really was a love letter to Witcher fans across the globe.
I came to state these two. They are easily my tops.

PWNT

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 07:28 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

I'm pretty in love with the Fallout setting.

Howdy!

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 03:06 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Dark Souls.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 08:57 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I really dig early Resident Evil lore despite the little effort put into characterization.

Oh and Silent Hill's too, although not a fan of Homecoming.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Last edited by Adam Grimes on May 23rd, 2016 at 09:28 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 09:24 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I really dig early Resident Evil lore despite the little effort put into characterization.

Well you can tell that they're were basing it on B-Grade horror.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 12:32 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

I really love the Elder scrolls lore

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 03:06 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I will throw this one out there. Destiny actually has fantastic lore. Bungie's problem was getting it into the actual game. After reading the grimoire though the universe of Destiny is definitely a rich one.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 03:53 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Dragon Age. Hands down.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 01:17 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Newjak
I will throw this one out there. Destiny actually has fantastic lore. Bungie's problem was getting it into the actual game. After reading the grimoire though the universe of Destiny is definitely a rich one.

Haven't played Destiny, but I did enjoy the Halo lore, now that you mention Bungie.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 25th, 2016 01:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Wing Commander.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 01:29 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zelda, you *****!

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 25th, 2016 04:02 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by NemeBro
Dark Souls.

This too.

Adding onto my first comment.

The exploits of all the protagonists being etched down in history, stories about Gwyn, the world is just so interesting and rich.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 25th, 2016 11:45 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote