KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Prey (2017)

Prey (2017)
Started by: Demonic Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Demonic Phoenix

Prey (2017)

Looks like a reboot/reimagining of Prey. Looks interesting. Plus it's by Arkane.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 03:45 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The Prey sequel they announced back in 2011 looked so much better than the generic-looking reboot garbage we're getting now. Years of waiting all for naught.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 04:20 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Prey only in name but not spirit.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 04:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Not sure I would agree with that.

It's hard to see what type of game it is but Prey did have a creepy atmosphere type feel and was about action, scares and alien enemies. This looks somewhat like this as well.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 01:53 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 08:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That looks fun.

If the game is open-ish type experience with creepy monsters in an space station, let's do it!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 11:52 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So we have a bunch of movie reboots and now is it going to get more and more common in games now?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 01:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Calm down, Its only one game so far.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 01:26 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Reboots have been around in gaming for many years, it's just usually considered a sequel instead of a reboot. A game like RE4 is a good example for this. It's a sequel but it's a reboot.

Myself, I don't care if a developer wants to reboot a franchise. Video games are a much different type of medium and has attributes that allow franchises to be rebooted. Actors do not age and graphics can improve a franchise. New mechanics ideas can freshen up the gameplay.

Movies are not like that. Legendary roles like Indiana Jones, Han Solo and Ripley would look very strange if played by somebody else. Movies were shot and developed for the specific time period. If you remade Alien shot by shot, you wouldn't need CGI because when the movie was made, CGI wasn't around.

I'm looking forward to this. Bethesda is publishing and Arkane Studios is developing it so it could be chance that it turns out very well. Bethesda has a very good record so far rebooting franchises.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 02:34 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Aug 20th, 2016 03:50 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Possessing inanimate objects? Hopefully the developers will use that to their advantage and make a hide & seek multiplayer mode like that Prop Hunt game on Steam. I'd get a kick out of that actually.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2016 04:17 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

If this game can scratch that Dead Space atmosphere/abandoned space vessel with creepy monster I would be a happy man.

Looks neat. It looks like Dishonored which is never a bad thing. A Dishonored type game set in a space station with horror elements....all cool with me.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2016 04:18 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 09:39 AM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Somebody at work told me about this game as a sci-fi fan. I'm not a gamer, but this looks like it would probably be a pretty creepy, fun game.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 02:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This game has some DLC for it now

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 04:36 AM
Arachnid1

Holy SHIT, this game is good. It's not often I wish I bought a game at launch for full price just to support it. It's that good. If you guys are on the fence about this game, get it.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 11:23 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

It's because there are people out there that wanted the other version of Prey, The Prey 2 that was canned

I finished this game a while back and liked it, It's still good in its own way.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 02:18 AM