KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Knack 2

Knack 2
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Knack 2

Yep. A sequel is happening.

I'm probably in the minority when I say I liked the first Knack and am hyped Sony's giving it a second chance.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Dec 4th, 2016 at 06:41 AM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:29 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seen the first game cheap, Is it worth checking out?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 07:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Seen the first game cheap, Is it worth checking out?

Sorry to reply nearly 7 months late (didn't see your post there lol) but uhhh...yeah I'd say it's worth checking out if ya haven't yet. Story and supporting cast are a bit wooden but the gameplay and Knack himself are ok. Really not one of the best but it's a very passable game IMO. You only ever see people on the internet trash the poor thing because YouTuber videogamedunkey made a meme sarcastically hyping it.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 20th, 2017 at 02:21 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 02:10 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Well the Knack 2 demo is available now on the PSN store. Anyone remotely curious, you can try it out and see what you think.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 11:21 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

GOTY right here.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 12:39 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by BackFire
GOTY right here.

For real?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 12:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Lol no.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 01:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

GOTY right here.

Originally posted by Kazenji
For real?

Lol no.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 01:33 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Downloaded the demo. While short, it was nice to get a taste of the gameplay. Definitely looking forward to when the full game comes out.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 05:27 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Reading they **** up on the Aus & NZ PS store for this game

its coming up as free, Looks like they fixed it up.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 01:31 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Had to buy mine but I don't regret my purchase. It's fun, a big improvement over the first Knack game no question.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 05:36 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Videogamedunkey might not want to admit Knack 2 being legit decent and fun but plenty of other critics can agree the sequel turned out way better than they expected. With a 71 on Metacritic compared to the 54 the first Knack got, you know something was done right. Even Kotaku was taken aback by the improvements.

quote:
Words I didn’t expect to type in 2017: I really like the new Knack. So much for the running joke that this PlayStation 4 exclusive is a sequel that no one wanted. Good thing we got it.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Sep 9th, 2017 at 12:30 AM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 12:23 AM
ares834

Sure. Sure. No doubt it's another masterpiece.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by ares834 on Sep 9th, 2017 at 02:12 AM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 02:02 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Funny thing is with all my praising for this, I don't really consider Knack 2 a masterpiece let alone GOTY material. It's just good. I'm only annoyed with all the fake hype and hate Knack gets because I don't feel it deserves all that noise is all.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:27 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

ResetEra of all places discovered videogamedunkey faking his Dragon Quest 11 review. Didn't play it, still whine & moaned regardless.

https://twitter.com/champgold_93/st...774202249744384

Moral of the story: Don't listen to popular internet personalities like a zombie. You never know when you can be aiding in ruining something that didn't deserve it.

It's really no surprise least for me. I've called that out since his "review" for Knack 2. The clips he used for that were so deja vu, I knew he was BS'ing it and only used his knowledge of the first Knack he only played (if he even did that) and assumed/hoped it's sequel would be just as bad. Shameful display!

Last edited by Nemesis X on Oct 12th, 2019 at 08:33 AM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2019 08:21 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

"B-b-but Dunkey only pretends to be retarded, guys! He's played the game, he's just trollin!"

He's been kind of a red flag for me for awhile, despite knowing some other friends who like him, but at least with that finding I have some real ammo against him now.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2019 08:43 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote