KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Farcry 5

Farcry 5
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Farcry 5

May 26th for the reveal

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 07:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I wasn't sure if Far Cry 5 was going to be enough for me.

But I'm intrigued with the idea of playing in Montana. I hope they change the formula a bit (aka...not the same damn side missions and activities) but still leave outposts in. Those were easily the best part of the game.

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 01:53 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Awesome location. Seems really unique and filled with potential.

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 08:54 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep.

I just hope they use the location to do some new things gameplay wise. It would be a shame if it strictly followed Far Cry previous games.

Keep the outposts though...that shit is always fun.

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 09:20 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I wasn't sure if Far Cry 5 was going to be enough for me.

But I'm intrigued with the idea of playing in Montana. I hope they change the formula a bit (aka...not the same damn side missions and activities) but still leave outposts in. Those were easily the best part of the game.

Seems to happen with Ubisoft games, They find something that works and re-use it for the next few games

FarCry 3 gameplay and we seen the same thing with some new features till the Primal one

Assassins Creed 2 same thing till Revelations.

Old Post May 24th, 2017 12:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Will be dealing with rural Christian fundamentalists

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 25th, 2017 01:07 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post May 27th, 2017 01:27 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 10:27 AM
olivia900
Restricted

Account Restricted

wow this is amazing very cool graphics this is best

Old Post Jul 17th, 2017 05:51 PM
olivia900 is currently offline Click here to Send olivia900 a Private Message Find more posts by olivia900 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Already seen some of the game being played on Twitch.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 06:37 AM
Jmanghan

I find it hard to get excited for Far Cry, even if the games are good, I just feel like I've experienced that same game over and over again.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 07:10 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Supposedly that they've changed how you approach the missions/levels in this new one, More options to them.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 07:31 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Its more open ended. They also removed the mini map and I believe don't show icons.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 08:00 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The weapon wheel seems to be alot better too from what i've seen, You're not limited to 4 guns and one melee weapon.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 02:35 AM
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Its more open ended. They also removed the mini map and I believe don't show icons.
unfortunately I feel the mini-map is an important part for 3d open-world games.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 03:48 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Why?

There is still a map but no mini-map in the corner of the screen.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 03:40 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I don't like minimaps. They are immersion breaking and end up just causing the player to not look at the screen. I prefer the way bethesda and the new AC game does it, having kind of a bar at the top of the screen telling you which way things are.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 08:38 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, that's a good way of doing so. For exploration sake, I feel Bethesda does it the best. I always seem to explore the world more in those games because the compass bar shows how close I am to a location. I feel that I'm required to run off to the mystery location and when I get there, it's rewarding and it's usually filled with something cool (loot, quests or just a little story)

And there is the feeling of completion when it propagates the location on the world map.

Most games allow you to remove the map but that's just a bandaid because the game was developed with the minimap in mind.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 08:50 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Doesn't really bother me the mini-map if its there or not.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 12:38 AM