KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Monster Hunter: World

Monster Hunter: World
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Monster Hunter World

So is anyone here interested in this game? I'm a newcomer to the series and am currently making my way through MH4U (I've got MHGen too, but plan on getting through 4 first), and it's fun so far. World will probably be a day 1 buy for me just for the co-op fun potential. Hunting down a massive beast with some friends is just too good to pass up.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:04 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Fun series, too bad I don't intend to buy the consoles where this one is getting published.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 08:15 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've read with this one that they're doing it in a way to bring in new people, While also keeping the current fanbase happy

i am also new to the series, Haven't touched any of the games.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:46 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Fun series, too bad I don't intend to buy the consoles where this one is getting published.
Do you have a PC? If so, its going to get released on that eventually if you hold out

Originally posted by Kazenji
I've read with this one that they're doing it in a way to bring in new people, While also keeping the current fanbase happy

i am also new to the series, Haven't touched any of the games.
Which one are you starting with? One of the DS entries or World next month?

BTW guys, World comes out in a month and a half on Jan 26th. Thats a good amount of time to get through a DS entry if you want to try it out. You can get 4 Ultimate pretty cheap these days, and many consider it the best game in the franchise

PWNT

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 07:15 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Arachnid1

Which one are you starting with? One of the DS entries or World next month?

Can't play the DS game as i don't own one.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 01:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Kazenji
Can't play the DS game as i don't own one.
Gotcha

Well if World is half as good as what I'm experiencing on 4U so far, the wait will be worth it. Also, if you have a Wii, Monster Hunter 3 is on that

PWNT

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 02:29 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

game looks interesting

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 04:02 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This is getting some pretty phenomenal reviews and is holding a 91 on metacritic at the moment. Looks like we've got 2018s first good AAA game.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/play...er-hunter-world

I've got it preloaded for the release in 13 hours. Oooooh man I cant wait.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 03:41 PM
Impediment
Endless

What exactly is the premise of this game? Looks interesting.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 03:53 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Impediment
What exactly is the premise of this game? Looks interesting.
You basically go on a loop of taking on monster boss battles to harvest their carcass to make into armor and loot. The monsters get bigger and harder (monsters have different strengths and weaknesses, and you have to prepare prior to hunts using meals as certain stat boosters, different armors with different resistances, and bestiaries to get an idea of what you're up against), and the loot gets better and more varied in stats. You make your way up in mission rankings until you beat the game, at which point you take on end game rankings. Throw in some coop (which is a huge part of these games, though not necessary to have fun), and you have a pretty general idea of it all. It can get pretty grindy at times but the fun factor cant be ignored.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 04:15 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I should buy it so we can all play together like good friends.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 05:55 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I should buy it so we can all play together like good friends.
Oh man

We could make a claaaan

We will henceforth be known as The Arachnids. I'll be the Spider, you be the Scorpion, Kaz will be the Trilobite, and Imp will be the Tick.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 11:01 PM
Arachnid1

For anyone who feels like they're on the fence about this game, it is more than worth the money. I've been having a blast. I'm 70 hours in and still probably 70% of the way through the game. Ever step of the journey was a blast too

PWNT

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 08:59 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I've been watching Criken stream his way through the game since I didn't know until too late that it was on PC and this looks like one of the best games of the generation.

Also:

(please log in to view the image)

Best part of any game ever.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 09:52 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

To anyone who has played it, or knows more about it than I, which should be just about anyone, is this game supposed to be good for a person who has never played a MH game? Which I haven't. I've always heard they have a very extreme learning curve and requires a lot of effort just to be able to learn the systems and what not, I have also heard that this new one is more streamlined, but still a bit intimidated to jump in. Any opinions on that?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 11:03 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by BackFire
To anyone who has played it, or knows more about it than I, which should be just about anyone, is this game supposed to be good for a person who has never played a MH game? Which I haven't. I've always heard they have a very extreme learning curve and requires a lot of effort just to be able to learn the systems and what not, I have also heard that this new one is more streamlined, but still a bit intimidated to jump in. Any opinions on that?
It has a bit of a learning curve but every monster you fight has a thoughtful progression as you move up, so you learn everything as you go. This is the best place for new players to jump on, so don't be intimidated by it. I've gotten a few friends into it who aren't "hardcore" gamers and they're doing well so I think you'll be fine.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 02:54 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Gotcha

Well if World is half as good as what I'm experiencing on 4U so far, the wait will be worth it. Also, if you have a Wii, Monster Hunter 3 is on that
Best game to start out with, in my experience, is Freedom Unite.

4 Ultimate is better without a doubt, but FU can rival 3U.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 12:03 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It happened. MHW became the best selling game in Capcom's history.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 08:43 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Well deserved IMO. I've got 110 hours on this game and it feels like I've played 30 max. Phenomenal experience

PWNT

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 10:31 PM
Jmanghan

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 10th, 2019 07:48 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote