KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Battlefield: V

Battlefield: V
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Battlefield: V

https://www.vg247.com/2017/12/12/yo...mpany-3-rumour/

It was leaked by the same guy who leaked Battlefield 1. The classes from BC2 are back, and they've leaked some of the modes. Thank god. BC2 was my all time favorite Battlefield. No entry since has compared. BF1 especially was a disappointment for me. It didn't have the same chaotic random occurrences as the previous games and destruction was disappointing. Hopefully BC3 brings back BC2s unscripted destruction.

PWNT

Last edited by Badabing on Mar 5th, 2018 at 12:40 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 09:49 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01...delayed-to-2019

The leaks were right about it coming out this year. Now we wait to see if its BC3 or not

PWNT

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 11:49 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I might be the only one but I would love another WW2 Battlefield game......

There is so many battles, vehicles and weapons to choose from. It would be amazing to be able to jump into King Tiger tank, launch V2 rockets, fly the first jet engine or bomb the shit out of the maps using B-17's. Also, they can navel units like subs, destroyers, aircraft carriers for separate modes and multiple different armies. Too much fun in my opinion.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 02:03 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I might be the only one but I would love another WW2 Battlefield game......

There is so many battles, vehicles and weapons to choose from. It would be amazing to be able to jump into King Tiger tank, launch V2 rockets, fly the first jet engine or bomb the shit out of the maps using B-17's. Also, they can navel units like subs, destroyers, aircraft carriers for separate modes and multiple different armies. Too much fun in my opinion.
I'd be alright with WW2 but I'd prefer a modern game to break up the historical entries, and Bad Company 3 is the perfect way to do that before Battlefield 2. Doesn't matter though, I'm too much of a Battlefield fanboy to not get it day 1.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 01:08 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah and maybe they go that route. Who knows.

WW2 is tailored made for operations MP, rush MP and of course, Conquest. You could operations for Normandy, Battle of the Bulge, Eastern Front, Africa campaign, Italy campaign and if they wanted to go full out, a massive Pacific War operations.

And then for behemoths....you can have Schwerer Gustav rail gun, aircraft carriers, Yamato Battleship, or something else.

And.... one of the DLC could be future weapons that Germany had in the plans....oh my god...I would total be cool with that....

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 01:45 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Yeah and maybe they go that route. Who knows.

WW2 is tailored made for operations MP, rush MP and of course, Conquest. You could operations for Normandy, Battle of the Bulge, Eastern Front, Africa campaign, Italy campaign and if they wanted to go full out, a massive Pacific War operations.

And.... one of the DLC could be future weapons that Germany had in the plans....oh my god...I would total be cool with that....
Truthfully, I'm not a super history buff so I only recognized 3 of those but thats enough to sell me seeing it all listed out. I can already picture the multiple stages of the Battle of the Bulge in an operation.

Even better, we'd actually have helicopters back (in a historical setting!) which I surprisingly miss even though the good pilots used to make me rage lol.

If they took it a step further and gave us an all out alternate future DLC with Germany, that could be potentially cool (though I'm not sure breaking the timeline would fit well with a lot of BF and history fanatics).

PWNT

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 09:55 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I don't see why not. They did something similar with BF4 DLC so I can see them doing it for WW2.

Maybe I just want to play on a map where somebody can fly a massive B-17 bomber over the map, or navel warfare with subs, carriers, destroyers and airplanes. That would be sweet.

And then tank battles with Tigers, Panthers, Panzers IV, Shermans, Cromwells, Sherman Firefly, M26 Pershing, M10 Wolverines and the various amounts of German tank destroyers.

It would be sooo goood.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 10:30 PM
Arachnid1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03...d-battlefield-v

It's apparently titled Battlefield V. This series honestly doesn't give a fuk about numbering does it? Anyway, I've requested a title change.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 01:16 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes, WW2....I just hope they do it justice. If they skimp out on all the amazing vehicles I will be mad.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this game is. And...it will have lootboxes for cosmetic items similarly to BF1.

Clearly that sucks but cosmetics in a Battlefield game seem extremely silly.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:52 PM
Utrigita

I had hopes for a BFBC3 because BFBC2, to me still is the best title they have produced. With that said, I'll be getting it regardless, I only hope they **** up less this time with the DLC content and the server rental program.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 06:20 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Story mode...sure.

But not online. BF3/BF4 are the best in the series for online play. (BF2 was fantastic as well). Bad Company 2 online was too small.

There will be DLC.....WW2 is too big of event to cover all of it within one full game. You have Normandy, Eastern Front, Africa, Pacific War, Italy and the Battle of the Bulge. Too big to cover all in my opinion.

As long as they cover all major vehicles, weapons, planes and ships, I will be happy. Can't wait!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 07:28 PM
Arachnid1

Story mode...sure.

But not online. BF3/BF4 are the best in the series for online play. (BF2 was fantastic as well). Bad Company 2 online was too small.

There will be DLC.....WW2 is too big of event to cover all of it within one full game. You have Normandy, Eastern Front, Africa, Pacific War, Italy and the Battle of the Bulge. Too big to cover all in my opinion.

As long as they cover all major vehicles, weapons, planes and ships, I will be happy. Can't wait!
I actually agree with him. Bad Company 2 was easily the best in the series in terms of story and multiplayer IMO. Best maps, best class composition, all the weapons felt great to shoot, and the modes were all perfect to the point where it felt like they built the maps around the modes instead if the other way around (seriously, this was the pinnacle of Rush mode in BF). It also had that Vietnam expansion which was insanely well done. BC2 is Battlefields golden standard with each entry into the series getting progressively worse. 3 was better than 4 and 4 was leagues better than 1.

I'm interested in what they do with WW2, and also hope the DLC isn't too intrusive.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 12:03 AM
Arachnid1

http://metro.co.uk/2018/05/10/battl...er-egg-7535541/

13 days. The slogan for it i s"Battlefield will never be the same."

I'm expecting some pretty big changes to the formula then.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 10th, 2018 at 05:49 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2018 05:47 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

You must be pretty gullible.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 10th, 2018 08:50 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Tzeentch
You must be pretty gullible.
What, because of the slogan?

PWNT

Old Post May 11th, 2018 04:46 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

'Battlefield :V' lmao

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 11th, 2018 05:26 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm looking forward to this game. I love me some Battlefield and I hope they take full advantage of World War 2. I would love to see controllable destroyers, cruisers, aircraft carriers, subs, all the tanks, all the planes, all the different vehicles and at least a few maps from major engagements.

I don't even care if they keep the formula the same because I still enjoy it.

However, it wouldn't bet against the slogan being about a battle royale mode.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 08:43 PM
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

Okay, through I don't want to focus with shooters anymore, but I will try this when this came out

Old Post May 12th, 2018 11:27 AM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
'Battlefield :V' lmao
lol

I'm looking forward to this game. I love me some Battlefield and I hope they take full advantage of World War 2. I would love to see controllable destroyers, cruisers, aircraft carriers, subs, all the tanks, all the planes, all the different vehicles and at least a few maps from major engagements.

I don't even care if they keep the formula the same because I still enjoy it.

However, it wouldn't bet against the slogan being about a battle royale mode.
Yeah thats exactly what I'm thinking. With all the battle royal rumors around this game, I'm assuming that's what its referring to.

That said, I hope not. I am so tired of BR games. At most make it a side mode, but no huge focus on it. I'm not even sure how they would successfully pull it off. Individual Battlefield maps aren't big enough to be engaging in 64 man free for alls. It'd be a slaughter almost all the way through.

PWNT

Old Post May 12th, 2018 06:35 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, I assume the maps would be larger.

Battlefield might be able to something new with the genre if the include a variety amount of vehicles like tanks, planes, ships and infanty vehicles. It might make the BR mode something really cool.

If it's just 100 guys dropped from a transport plane with WW2 weapons....that's pretty lame. If its 100 guys droppped from a transport plane but you can get into multiple tanks...that's pretty awesome.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 09:48 PM