KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Total War: Three Kingdoms

Total War: Three Kingdoms
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Total War: Three Kingdoms

Whoo, a new historical total war! This is just about the only historical thing that can possibly interest me after Warhammer so here's hoping it comes together well.

Lets here that Dynasty Warriors hype!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 05:11 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

That threw me back to the Romance of the Three Kingdoms game I played on the first gen Playstation. ****ing Lu Bu betrayed me, cost me a major battle. I later defeated and captured him; executed his ass.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 07:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well shit. Now I have a game to look forward to.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 07:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I wonder how well this will play after the two excellent Warhammer games. There is something to be said about having factions that are total opposites in army composition and style. Let alone that they each faction have different play styles on the campaign map.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 10:25 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oh it'll be very hard for them to follow up on WH. The unit and faction variety just can't be equalled in a historical setting and each factions playstyle is radically unique and distinct from each other. There are also many unit mechanics that can't be translated as well (the various weapon effects, lord abilities, unit effects like regen or ethereal, undead crumbling mechanics, resistances, magic items etc) that really add to the depth of the combat and multiplayer. Flying just isn't a thing and nor are special mounts. Magic it out. Dunno if they can put quest battles in again.

Among other things, its going to be super hard to make a game as good as Warhammer again imo.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 11:50 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys

Whoo, a new historical total war! This is just about the only historical thing that can possibly interest me after Warhammer so here's hoping it comes together well.

Lets here that Dynasty Warriors hype!

my type game.. second fave samurai weapon...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 03:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote