KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

A side-scrolling platformer that's been out since late 2016. As the name implies, you're a genie out saving the world whipping hair at bad guys and dancing to new transformations of animals. Game is multiplatform on both Xbox, PC, PS4, Wii U, and the Switch.

I have been neglecting this game for so long and am ashamed of it but with a physical rerelease happening for the Switch version with all DLC included coming out next month, I'm taking the opportunity and getting that. Really looks fun.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 07:42 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've had this game on my wishlist on steam for a while.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 05:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Steam version doesn't have controller support, shit game.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 07:16 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro

From what i've been reading, The Steam version does have controller support you just have mess around with it.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 07:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by NemeBro

Had the same gripe with Binding of Isaac and Lone Survivor.

Referring paying customers to Joy2Key is just lazy. If it was a free game like in the old days of indy development, I wouldn't have as much of a problem.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 03:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Building of Isaac is fine on the keyboard. If your having trouble playing it that way, Get better at it.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 01:22 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
Building of Isaac is fine on the keyboard. If your having trouble playing it that way, Get better at it.

Doesn't matter, or address what I said.

If it's meant for a keyboard, don't bother with a cheap "use joy2key" page. If you encourage gamepad play, get off your lazy ass and program it in.

No tolerance for lazy professionals. You take my money, and you're damned right I'll act entitled, as any consumer has the right to do. (And of course, I'll talk with my wallet, and never, ever buy another product from this dev.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 03:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Oh cool. The Pirate's Curse will be on Switch next week. Maybe for the best I wait for games like this to make it onto there. Feels more right.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 09:29 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

They delayed the Ultimate Edition to May 8th. Now what am I gonna play this month? God of War?

Last edited by Nemesis X on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 05:15 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 05:04 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Nemesis X
They delayed the Ultimate Edition to May 8th. Now what am I gonna play this month? God of War?

Binding of Isaac?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 08:11 PM