KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dark Souls (2018)

Dark Souls (2018)
Started by: Adam Grimes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Dark Souls (2018)

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/04...rything-we-know

The remaster of this classic is coming out in May 25.

I consider myself a fan of the series despite having beaten all the other titles except for the first entry, so naturally this is my chance to play this with all the activity these games enjoy on their first weeks. Anybody else thinking of buying it?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 06:35 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I'm thinking of blowing my brains out.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 07:46 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I heard its definitely improved but that the reviewers they gave the early look to were told very specifically that they couldn't go to Blight Town, so lol @ that.

Last edited by Nephthys on Apr 8th, 2018 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 08:52 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So are the remakes playing with the originals?

They could cross over last gen games to the next level, so really no reason they have to be seperated, except that's how they want it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 09:18 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Because the demo only covered Undead Asylum, Firelink Shrine, and Undead Burg. The Undead Parish, Darkroot Garden, and New Londo Ruins weren't accessible, and there's no way to Blighttown that doesn't go through those three. It's not like Blighttown was singled out, AFAIK.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 09:19 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Anyways, I'll be buying it; no qualms coughing up 40 bucks for another run through a touched up (and active) Dark Souls. Hoping I can get more friends into the franchise now, too. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: And I'm still holding out a sliver of hope that they'll fix Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith while they're at it, despite literally none of the evidence indicating that they will.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 09:24 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Re: Dark Souls (2018)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/04...rything-we-know

The remaster of this classic is coming out in May 25.

I consider myself a fan of the series despite having beaten all the other titles except for the first entry, so naturally this is my chance to play this with all the activity these games enjoy on their first weeks. Anybody else thinking of buying it?
The first one is definitely the best one, it even rivals Bloodborne.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:51 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure I could go back to how slow and easy the combat is tbh.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 08:24 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Everything's easier in retrospect.

Dark Souls is still plenty hard.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 11:36 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Probably if you don't use a shield. Its a total crutch in the first 2 games and makes everything so much easier. As I recall though its real simple to circle-strafe your way through most fights.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 04:42 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Have they updated the controls at all? I tried playing DS 1 recently and it's very dated, the controls are crazy stiff compared to DS3 and Bloodborne.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 12:32 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm not sure I could go back to how slow and easy the combat is tbh.
That's the same reason I won't go back to your mother.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 02:26 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Have they updated the controls at all? I tried playing DS 1 recently and it's very dated, the controls are crazy stiff compared to DS3 and Bloodborne.

No, the controls are exactly the same, including the 4-directional rolling as opposed to DS3's omni-directional rolling. The only change in that respect is that the game runs at 60fps instead of 30fps.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 04:15 AM
cdtm

All the Souls games are slow moving. Even Bloodborne.

That's how they're designed.

If you want faster, play Darksiders (I don't care what anyone says, parts of the Darksiders games are even HARDER then the souls series/offshoots.)

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 11:56 AM
ares834

Darksiders? I don't remember either game being difficult. And they are incredibly different games from the Soul series.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 02:50 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Have they added anything extra at all to this game? Even one extra area would be welcome. As it stands right now, nope.

It's not like they couldn't made some extra shit go on, but they're lazy as shit. Imagine new content where they tie the DLC of 3 into 1's story.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:20 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Is the dlc at least included?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:29 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Jmanghan
The first one is definitely the best one, it even rivals Bloodborne.

It's better than Bloodborne. A lot better.

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

No. The remaster is a graphical polish with some small tweeks to the invasion/summoning system as far as we're aware.

Originally posted by cdtm
Is the dlc at least included?

The Artorias of the Abyss DLC is included.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 09:08 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by cdtm
All the Souls games are slow moving. Even Bloodborne.

Bloodborne is not slow moving, You need to be more aggressive when fighting the enemies in that game

quote:
If you want faster, play Darksiders (I don't care what anyone says, parts of the Darksiders games are even HARDER then the souls series/offshoots.) [/B]

Or maybe you just suck at playing Darksiders?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 01:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by NewGuy01
No, the controls are exactly the same, including the 4-directional rolling as opposed to DS3's omni-directional rolling. The only change in that respect is that the game runs at 60fps instead of 30fps.

That sucks, I loved the game when it was first released, and the fact that the world was designed to be explored without fast travel really made it interesting. From should have stayed that route, instead of bending, and adding fast travel right away. But still, by modern standards it's pretty hard to get past the technical short comings, especially now that we have DS3.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 06:24 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote