KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

So this comes out in less than an hour. The first two reviews came out this morning though both were pulled down. It scored a 9.5/10 and a 92/100. Looks like this is going to be something special.

quote:
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is a cRPG that is played from an isometric perspective. It will have immersive dynamic weather and a living, breathing world, where everyone will have their appointments to keep and jobs to do. Both returning and new companions will be available, depending upon the choices made by the player. Companion relationships will play a major role. Other than companions, there will be four sidekicks that can travel with the player. Unlike the first game, Deadfire will feature a customizable boat stronghold that serves as both a mobile base for exploring uncharted islands and scripted ship-to-ship encounters. Newer ships can be both bought or stolen from enemies. Crews can also be hired to look over the ship. Class based gameplay returns, however, each class will have three sub-classes with unique skills.

Your choices in the first game will apparently be reflected in this one so if you played the first on console, it might be worth waiting for the inevitable console release.

PWNT

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:26 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm just finishing off my playthrough of the first game for importing and waiting for the bugs to get fixed before jumping into this.

This seems like it'll be something special though. I admit following the development I was nervous as they kept changing things I liked about the first game, but it seems to have settled into a good place.

Also if anyone needs convincing: You can romance a talking sword. Buy this game.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 09:54 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Is there a thread for the original game? If not I'm probs gonna make one as I just got the first game.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 05:21 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Is there a thread for the original game? If not I'm probs gonna make one as I just got the first game.

I don't think so, but it's a good game.

Btw if you like the Pillars games you should also check out "Tyranny", it was created by the same people and came out in 2016.

So the game takes place after the villain has already won and you work for him. But you have the option to be able to make a shitload of decisions when you begin the game as to *how* he won. You don't have to do it, but it's an option and it gives you a way of shaping the history of the world. It also has a great magic system.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 8th, 2019 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 11:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't think so, but it's a good game.

Btw if you like the Pillars games you should also check out "Tyranny", it was created by the same people and came out in 2016.

So the game takes place after the villain has already won and you work for him. But you have the option to be able to make a shitload of decisions when you begin the game as to *how* he won. You don't have to do it, but it's an option and it gives you a way of shaping the history of the world. It also has a great magic system.
Eh... More a melee combat guy myself.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 07:41 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Played PoE and Tyranny, enjoyed both. Have had this one for a while now; haven't played it.

Am playing Pathfinder:Kingmaker (basically D&D 3.5 rules iirc), I'm probably about half way through but I've put in down for weeks now, kinda bored with it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 08:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote