KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05...portedly-leaked
quote:
According to Kotaku, Odyssey is set to be an even more significant departure for the series than last year's Assassin's Creed Origins. While Origins altered the combat, Odyssey will introduce dialogue options, a first for the series. The game will also reportedly allow players to choose between a male and female protagonist, and although the game is supposedly a sequel to Origins, the game will introduce new heroes, instead of returning to Origins' Bayek and Aya.
I heard rumors last week of this. I heard Bayek will return to this game, but as a mentor to the new protagonist. I also heard this one will put a greater focus on naval combat, but not to the extent that AC4 did. Too bad. I actually really wanted one more game with Bayek. I'm getting annoyed switching off to someone new every game. They rarely pull it off, and Bayek (and Eve to a lesser extent) was the only truly memorable protagonist we've had since Edward.

On the positive side, I like the inclusion of dialogue options. I actually think it will serve to flesh out the protagonists even more, since we'll see so many different aspects of their personality through their dialogue. Only thing is, it's hard to imagine the dialogue choices will really matter. Multiple endings doesn't work in AC, since the past is fixed.

Anyway, skill trees? Dark souls inspired combat? Dialogue options? Loot systems? They're going all in on the RPG evolution of this series.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 31st, 2018 at 06:19 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2018 06:16 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

(please log in to view the image)

I'm glad the disguise/social stealth/blend in system is back. That's a big part of AC's identity. All the leaks read like a combination of the Ezio games, Black Flag, and Origins, and that sounds great.

Also, I absolutely LOVE the idea of Ancient Greece being a setting. This has been one of my top 4 most wanted AC settings for some time (with the pirate age, feudal Japan, and victorian London; they messed up London unfortunately).

On the other hand, I'm disappointed at the lack of focus on modern day, yet again. That's getting old. Move the story forward ffs.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 31st, 2018 at 06:41 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2018 06:31 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm in the minority, but I don't want naval combat to be a big focus. It's fine as an optional/mini game type thing, but I am not a fan of it and don't want to be forced to do it.

Other than that, I think it sounds good. I really enjoyed Origins so I'm glad they're continuing with what they started in that game.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 08:34 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I enjoyed AC Origins so to continue Bayek's adventures has me excited

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 31st, 2018 08:41 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Of all the RPGs I would anticipate, AC I never thought would be one of them. Bravo, Ubisoft.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 1st, 2018 at 01:17 AM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2018 01:13 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm excited about the ship combat if they do something different with it. I prefer moving around in Black Flag with my ship than the horse in Origins.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2018 08:58 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

They couldn't have come up with a different surname for game?

Real subtle, guys, within less then a year of Super Mario Odyssey's release.

Maybe it's just a coincidence but it just rubs me the wrong way.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 12:43 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I assume its based off the Greek peom Odyssey.

And I really doubt they give a shit about Super Mario. Assassins Creed doesn't need to steal a name from another game for recognition.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 02:54 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I assume its based off the Greek peom Odyssey.

And I really doubt they give a shit about Super Mario. Assassins Creed doesn't need to steal a name from another game for recognition.
Yeah but it's just unimaginative, like they could have thought of anything else, just a minor annoyance but meh, it just seems lazy.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 08:31 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You have no idea what the story is about.

It might make perfect sense to name it Odyssey. I'm making a guess the story arc follows the poem.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 10:30 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Ulysses? Yeah I see that subtitle making sense in which case.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 10:47 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 03:31 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Figured that they would keep alot of the gameplay mechanics again from the last game, Its just what Ubisoft does.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 05:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I've seen a few commenters online worry that they're going back to a yearly release schedule, and I don't think those fears are unfounded.

I was hoping to a change in the combat system, myself. I don't think the one in Origins was particularly bad; I just didn't think it was very good either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 02:43 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

im happy.. i get to kill people and solve the game

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 10:00 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I played neither Unity, Syndicate, nor Origins. Didn't play as those didn't feel like my cup of tea but Odyssey looks like something up my alley.
Dunno about you guys but I know I'm looking forward to it. Looks good.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 11th, 2018 at 11:12 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 11:04 PM
Arachnid1

Idk I’ll probably wait for a price reduction. It looks like Origins 2.0 to me and I still have tons to do with that game.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 11:28 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I enjoyed Origins, but yeah probably won't get this day one.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 11:51 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote