KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Atari VCS

Atari VCS
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Atari VCS

Welcome back to the console scene, Atari, we've missed you.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...-computers-pc#/

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 05:15 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Did a bunch of idiots just give a multi-million dollar company 2,500,000 USD—out of a "necessary" 100,000 USD—to show interest for a product that they still will still have to buy?

It should be a crime to be this stupid.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 05:37 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

As if it wasn't obvious crowd funding became a money making scheme before, this all but shouts "IT'S A SCAM, STUPID".

It's their money to waste though, so have at it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 12:38 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Are you suggesting that's a fake project and there isn't gonna be any "Atari VCS"?

As I'm pretty sure thats illegal as all hell, and I doubt MILLIONS of dollars would be put into the project without Atari actually knowing about it.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 04:27 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Its not just some "Legacy" console, either. Apparently, they're making brand new modern games. The only thing holding it back is that I haven't seen any "physical" disc/cartridge-based media.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 04:32 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It'd never going to have physical media. It's Atari version of NES Classic combined with Apple TV.

But it's made by Atari....who knows how good of quality it is.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 05:13 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

There will be something.

It won't be near worth the money sunk into crowdfunding.

These things are as big a scam as investment banking and startup angel investing.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 05:20 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Anything kickstarter? Or just nostalgia hardware?

I'm not sure I agree with you on investment banking or angel investing. Nothing is 100%.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 05:28 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

"Tempest 4000 will be there, along with other all-new, modern Atari games currently in development for VCS!"

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 05:51 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, you said it has new games.

But it won't have physical media. It's basically Apple TV. The only people who will buy this thing will players who want the kick at playing old Atari.

There is no way people are buying this thing for new Atari games...it's laughable if the company believes that's the case considering it's mos likely these games will be released on consoles/PC.

And...really....people who remember Atari are probably mid 40's and up and there is very little reason to believe they will buy this stupid thing.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 07:36 PM
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, you said it has new games.

But it won't have physical media. It's basically Apple TV. The only people who will buy this thing will players who want the kick at playing old Atari.

There is no way people are buying this thing for new Atari games...it's laughable if the company believes that's the case considering it's mos likely these games will be released on consoles/PC.

And...really....people who remember Atari are probably mid 40's and up and there is very little reason to believe they will buy this stupid thing.
I don't think it's just "new ATARI games".

I just believe it's... new, MODERN games.

Like PS4, Xbox One type games, at least I'd like to believe that this is the Atari entering back into the gaming scene, with brand new PS4-grade games released for their new cutting-edge game console.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 12:54 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I highly doubt it.

No third party developer will make anything on this thing. If Nintendo has a hard time gaining third party developers, you really think publishers will even look at this stupid thing?

Yeah, right.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 01:39 AM
Jmanghan

I highly doubt it.

No third party developer will make anything on this thing. If Nintendo has a hard time gaining third party developers, you really think publishers will even look at this stupid thing?

Yeah, right.
I mean, their goal was 100,000, and they got 3 million. Not sure how much it'd take to get into the console gaming scene, but 3 mill has to be close.

I doubt it'll be just an Apple TV though. Who do you know that owns an Apple TV?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 02:00 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hahaha....consoles like the PS4 and Xbox One cost hundreds of millions to develop. The reported cost for the Xbox One controller is upwards of 100 million.

The Ouya received 8.5 million dollars in Kickstarter money and it failed miserably. And....Atari is a shit company, I highly doubt they could make a console capable to replicate PS4 like games. They can barely make games.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 04:36 AM
Jmanghan

Hahaha....consoles like the PS4 and Xbox One cost hundreds of millions to develop. The reported cost for the Xbox One controller is upwards of 100 million.

The Ouya received 8.5 million dollars in Kickstarter money and it failed miserably. And....Atari is a shit company, I highly doubt they could make a console capable to replicate PS4 like games. They can barely make games.
Jesus. Okay yeah, they might **** it up then.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 05:39 AM
cdtm

100 million and still not a decent dpad.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 09:11 AM