KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » DOOM: Eternal

DOOM: Eternal
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

DOOM: Eternal

Sequel to the 2016 reboot and it's set on Earth. Get hyped.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 11th, 2018 at 02:10 AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 02:07 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

But is Doomguy being replaced with a woman of color? If not then you can get this toxic male power fantasy garbage out of my face.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 02:22 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Trolls keep on trolling....

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 04:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

What did I tell you about speaking before being spoken too, Nigel?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 06:05 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Doom fans themselves added Doomgirl into some source ports, complete with unique sound effects.

Equal opportunity fragging.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 09:13 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I hope Samuel Hayden is the one behind the attempted invasion of earth so you'll have an excuse to fight him.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 08:27 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 06:13 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

A new mode has been announced that will have you and friends invading a player's campaign together as demons.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/10/1...018-video-watch

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 06:28 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Game looks good but it didn't really get me excited. I don't know why.....

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 10:58 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Same.

Probably because it looks like more of the same, which is fine, but it's hard to get terribly excited about seeing a video showing that.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 11:06 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

When a game sequel uses the same engine as its predecessor, it's kind of expected tbh, though nothing one should really gripe that much about. I mean if Eternal gives you the same kind of adrenaline rushes from playing as Doom 2016, then there's nothing wrong with some of it being more of the same. thumb up

The silent protagonist badassery in Phobos as well as the melee weapon moment (cool ending there with the Arch-Vile, btw) was what made today's showing worth watching for me, though.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 11:16 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I don't agree with that at all. There is a ton of sequels that utilize the same engine but do something different.

These gameplay videos are lame. It was just rinse and repeat.....shoot a guy, turns blue, execute him. I've done that already in Doom....I need something more than that.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 11:28 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
When a game sequel uses the same engine as its predecessor, it's kind of expected tbh, though nothing one should really gripe that much about. I mean if Eternal gives you the same kind of adrenaline rushes from playing as Doom 2016, then there's nothing wrong with some of it being more of the same. thumb up

The silent protagonist badassery in Phobos as well as the melee weapon moment (cool ending there with the Arch-Vile, btw) was what made today's showing worth watching for me, though.

Don't mistake my comment as criticism towards the actual game. It's not. I'm fine with it looking a lot like the last doom and will likely buy it and enjoy it on day one. My point was simply that watching a video of such an experience isn't terribly exciting.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 11:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes, I agree. I wasn't a huge fan of the last Doom but I can understand why people enjoyed the hell out of it.

I honestly believe they showed a terrible cross section of gameplay. I know most of the enemy types were zombies but it doesn't show well.

But...this is coming from a guy who really enjoyed Doom 3.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 01:16 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh, I get where y'all are coming from with the repetition of watching gameplay, but it's not like there wasn't some new stuff as well.

In all fairness, I'd expect there will be at least as much new stuff (weapons, enemy types) as there was from original Doom to Doom II, and Doom 3 to Resurrection of Evil.

The new mode where you can invade a player's campaign as demons has me a bit intrigued as well.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 02:47 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Smasandian
I don't agree with that at all. There is a ton of sequels that utilize the same engine but do something different.

These gameplay videos are lame. It was just rinse and repeat.....shoot a guy, turns blue, execute him. I've done that already in Doom....I need something more than that.
t. guy who buys FIFA every year

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 07:12 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Sure.....I buy FIFA every year?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 09:40 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

This game looks phucking awesome. Fight me.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 02:33 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Noticing its alot more like the older Doom's having you to look for the ammo & health, Rather then do a fatality move on the enemies like the previous game to get alot of that sort of stuff.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 02:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Smasandian
Sure.....I buy FIFA every year?
Also said Kingdom Come: Deliverance combat looked boring when it's fun as all hell.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 03:53 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote