KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Starlink: Battle for Atlas
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Starlink: Battle for Atlas

This game looks... pretty cool I guess, hyped about the StarFox crossover though.

I'm not sure if Fox is going to have a side-story or involves in the main story, or what, idk.

Just seems a bit weird, but meh, maybe it'll work.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 01:10 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Okay so, this game is ****ing amazing.

It is absolutely everything No Man's Sky should have been, you can explore an entire solar system in real time.

You DO NOT NEED the toys or mounts to play this game, they're just an option if you WANT them.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 03:09 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The Switch version of the game is on my radar, though waiting awhile before I get due to other games. Has plenty enough Star Fox content to be considered another SF game.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 05:31 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The Switch version of the game is on my radar, though waiting awhile before I get due to other games. Has plenty enough Star Fox content to be considered another SF game.
Fox has his own storyline if you choose to play as him.

The game has a lot of depth, though tbh I'd recommend buying it digitally.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 10:41 PM
cdtm

Floating around at ground level and slowly side strafing seems a little dumb, tbh.
Like they were too lazy to program in getting out of the spacecraft.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 11:11 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Floating around at ground level and slowly side strafing seems a little dumb, tbh.
Like they were too lazy to program in getting out of the spacecraft.
I feel like they could have at least made it an OPTION yeah, but who knows, game just got released, we might see it in the future.

Very bummed about no melee combat as well, drill bits, but no drills.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 12:39 PM
Jmanghan

Leveling up takes awhile, but when you consider that you have a dozen (maybe more) worlds to explore, and don't have many levels, thats a big deal.

Then once you level that specific thing up you finish it, then moves on to the next ship, then the next pilot. Not like there's a shortage of things to do.

It's taken me hours upon hours just to do a bunch of things on one world, but...

I mean, this game isn't $60 material, it's really fun when you get into it, but as of right now it's not $60.

More like $30 or $40, possibly $45, but $60? No, it just doesn't feel like a Triple AAA experience despite having high production values.

It has exploration but the world as a whole, the star system you're a part of, it's nowhere near as large as No Man's Sky, or Elite Dangerous.

I'd compare it to something like a mixture of No Man's Sky and Destiny? Only instead of using stupid BS to level up, you just level up as you would in any other RPG-Shooter.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 02:49 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Just want to say, love how Wolf sounds like Scar from the Lion King here. Just the voice alone.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 09:08 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Just want to say, love how Wolf sounds like Scar from the Lion King here. Just the voice alone.

Yeah, I love it.

This game is starting to hook me a bit as I progress a bit more, but I'm becoming kind of a completionist with these games that have a lot to do, so it's a bit overwhelming, if that makes sense.

Glad for my purchase at least.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 11:19 AM
Jmanghan

Maxed out Fox, need to complete the planets and then I'm going for that boss.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 09:31 PM
Jmanghan

That final boss surprised the **** out of me, awesome boss fight.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 10:47 PM
cdtm

And this is only one branch of the game?

Fox is basically extra, with its own bosses and story?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 10:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
And this is only one branch of the game?

Fox is basically extra, with its own bosses and story?
Fox has a few exclusive missions, he has a story but I wouldn't call it extensive.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 12:16 AM
Jmanghan

More Fox missions:

Starlink races?

Man this game is getting a lot better then I thought, and it was already pretty damn fun. I needed a reason to come to this game as well, and this gives me a perfect reason.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Feb 14th, 2019 at 07:31 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 07:28 AM
Jmanghan

Old Post Apr 26th, 2019 08:54 PM