KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » PS4 Brick Hack Message Going Around.

PS4 Brick Hack Message Going Around.
Started by: XvampbenjiiX666

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

PS4 Brick Hack Message Going Around.

Set your message preferences to "Friends Only" or "None at All". Random people are sending messages that brick PS4's. Be careful gaming out there.

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 10:10 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

From what I heard it's not bricking it completely. I think you can reset the console. Annoying as **** but at least its not being bricked.

Stilll... this is ****ed up.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 11:28 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I heard it's from an update.

Wouldn't surprise me if they're testing to see if they can brick consoles on purpose, before the next gen kicks in, forcing people to trade up. Same principle as Apple purposely reducing the performance of older iPhones, to sell more new phones (Of course they'll claim they were simply extending battery life out of older hardware. Making an effort to allow users to refrain from replacing their phones makes perfect business sense.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 11:44 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

This doesn't effect me because I turn on my PS4 once a month.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 11:47 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
This doesn't effect me because I turn on my PS4 once a month.
Is bloodborne good?

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 11:51 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

Originally posted by Smasandian
From what I heard it's not bricking it completely. I think you can reset the console. Annoying as **** but at least its not being bricked.

Agreed, it is f*cked up. Can't have anything nice these days.

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 12:04 AM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
While the exact cause is unclear, many users in the Reddit thread have likened the exploit to previous messaging exploits such as this one from 2015 in which a unique string of characters could crash an iPhone. In describing the PS4 message, one player wrote that it was merely a question mark in a box, suggesting that the malicious messages cannot even be displayed by the PS4.

Originally posted by Smasandian

supposedly the best way to get rid of the message is by logging into the PSN account online from a browser or some PS app.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 06:00 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Heard about this, I'm not turning on my PS4 until Sony has an update that fixes it, I don't need the headache. I've been on a Gears of War kick for whatever reason the last few weeks, anyways.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 06:40 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Never an issue with my PS2. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 07:57 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Heard about this, I'm not turning on my PS4 until Sony has an update that fixes it, I don't need the headache. I've been on a Gears of War kick for whatever reason the last few weeks, anyways.

All you have to do is Set your message preferences to "Friends Only" or "None at All"

not that hard to do.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 01:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 01:45 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote