KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Outer Worlds

The Outer Worlds
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Outer Worlds

From the creator of Fallout

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 10:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Looks like a mix between Fallout, Mass Effect, and Borderlands...

Me likey. Me likey a lot.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 10:12 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Looks great.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 09:28 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

This looks fantastic.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 06:39 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The Outer Worlds has been announced as an Epic Store exclusive.

First Metro, then Phoenix Point, now this? Lame.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 20th, 2019 06:26 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

No buy for me then.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2019 07:03 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

It's only for a year if you read up on it.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 01:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I know, so is Phoenix Point. After that, it'll probably still be a full price launch or steam. I'll get both eventually, but it'll be a deep sale on steam or the high seas if I don't feel like waiting.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 04:13 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

If I get this game, it's only going to be via torrenting. I don't care if it's "only" a one year exclusive deal. I refuse to support this kind of anti-consumer bullshit. I'm not going to give the publishers a single cent, even when they do finally get around to putting it on Steam or GOG or wherever else.

Last edited by ares834 on Mar 21st, 2019 at 06:45 AM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 06:39 AM
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
If I get this game, it's only going to be via torrenting. I don't care if it's "only" a one year exclusive deal. I refuse to support this kind of anti-consumer bullshit. I'm not going to give the publishers a single cent, even when they do finally get around to putting it on Steam or GOG or wherever else.
Well when they do release it to steam and GOG, it's not still going to be anti-consumer, no?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 08:07 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'd argue that timed exclusives (especially year long exclusivity) are anti-consumer.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 08:32 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah it's bullshit when they do it, Same thing when they do it with consoles.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 09:28 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep.

But..according to reports, Metro Exodus sold 2.5 times the copies compared to previous games.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 08:56 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

So far this game has been fantastic. Gamepass is the sh*t. I'll finish it on xbox but I'll get it on steam in a year too if the modding scene is decent.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 27th, 2019 01:10 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by ares834
No buy for me then.

Might end up being my first.

The only reason this Epic exclusivity is happening at all, is because they're making really good offers. Meaning, this is pro small business.

Fans don't understand just how big an issue money is for an up and coming indy. If Epics deals are so good, that can only encourage more small development, of games we may never have seen get off the ground if not for these sweetheart deals.

So I HOPE this cuts into Steam enough for them to respond by making sweet deals of their own, and we end up seeing a golden age of small game developers making ever higher quality games. Competition is always, always good for consumers.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2019 01:03 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Technically, it's not an exclusive for Epic. You can buy it on the Window store if you want.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2019 04:58 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Smasandian
Technically, it's not an exclusive for Epic. You can buy it on the Window store if you want.

Now that would be a non purchase for me, if it were the only option available.

The stupid Windows Stream or whatever it was called, where they tried to lock users into ONLY using the Windows Store, was a real turnoff for me.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2019 05:20 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm not sure what you are talking about but I don't see how the Windows store is any different than Steam. A purchased game is tied to the stores account.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2019 10:14 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Not feeling this game.....

The lack of variety of weapons, armor and enemies is killing it.
I have no vested interest in the overall storyline or characters.

I'm not a big fan of the skill or perks system either. Increasing skills doesn't make any tangible difference. The perks are boring as hell (aka....perk increases 20% weakpoint damage).....

It's a well made game....no bugs, looks good, sounds good and voice acting is great. Writing seems to be OK too.

However, the rest of the game is middle of the road. It's all functional for sure but nothing stands out. It's blah.

Prefer Fallout or Skyrim far more than this game.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 05:02 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm not sure what you are talking about but I don't see how the Windows store is any different than Steam. A purchased game is tied to the stores account.

MS came out with the Stream to compete with the Chromebook, and made the stupid move of locking users into Windows Store downloads only. You couldn't even use a CD program if a Windows Store equivalent didn't exist, and the program would install off the store.

They eventually gave the option to unlock Streams for general use, but I never forgave them for trying that tactic in the first place.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 06:17 PM