KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassins Creed

Assassins Creed
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Assassins Creed

Never played one. Started Black Flag the other day, and spent a half hour chasing this guy around a beach.

Is this just a bad part of a good game? Should I have started with III instead? Is the series in general worth playing?

If AC is any good, rank/rate the games in the series, and why one is above the other..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2019 01:50 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

The only one that's good is Assassin's Creed 2.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2019 02:06 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

4 is the best

Keep going OP

PWNT

Old Post Mar 27th, 2019 05:19 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Ezio trilogy are also good installments too.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2019 11:50 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I really liked the combat in 1, felt more realistic then the rest of the series, not that any of it is realistic, but its far more realistic then any of the later entries, and it gives you what you pay for, being an assassin instead of being pirate or a scholar or a legionnaire, you're an Assassin, nothing more, nothing less, which is why it's my favorite.

Also "The Kingdom" was pretty f*cking huge, place where you can explore and make your own adventure.

Super interesting. But I also enjoyed Brotherhood, II, IV.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 03:11 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Hmmm. Always found it difficult to rank them because there's elements of each I prefer over the others and some I can't stand in otherwise great games.

Brotherhood had the overall best for me. It's story wasn't as solid as AC2 but it was bigger in scope. Really liked the recruiting of other assassin's and dispatching them on missions.
AC 2 next. Ezio is the best protagonist of them all and the story is one of the best in gaming.
Origins would be next for me. Totally reinvigorated the series and I liked Bayek's story. The mechanics much more follow the Witcher 3 although the combat doesn't require as much skill.
Revelations next as it concludes the Ezio story but has a terrible ending for Desmond and his lore. Loved the addition of the hookblade mechanic but hated the "base" defence stuff.
Odyssey next for me. It was very similar to Origins in overall gameplay as it was made side by side and while it's far bigger in scope and has tremendous additions in fantasy lore with the Greek legends it suffered from a weaker main story and weaker protagonists than Origins. You can also complete the main game and the lengthy Atlantis side mission without going to all the islands. The combat was improved over origins and the powering up of the broken Leonidas spear is great. The map doesn't have the diversity of Origins either even if it is bigger. As much as I hated the sea faring stuff and there's a lot of it it was much more tolerable in this than other AC games
AC3 next. Much improved the overall mechanics of the Ezio trilogy but Connor was probably the most boring protagonist. I liked the building and improving of your community aspect but the trading for goods and supplies could take a significant amount of time that I wasn't really willing to invest. I wasn't a huge fan of RPG's at the time though so I might like it more now. The addition of the sea battles I detested which is why I never really gave the next few games a chance and turned off the AC series for a while.
Black Flag I never played for the reason above.
Rogue I never played
Unity I never played
Syndicate I only briefly played but never really gave it a chance.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 03:20 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Hmmm. Always found it difficult to rank them because there's elements of each I prefer over the others and some I can't stand in otherwise great games.

Brotherhood had the overall best for me. It's story wasn't as solid as AC2 but it was bigger in scope. Really liked the recruiting of other assassin's and dispatching them on missions.
AC 2 next. Ezio is the best protagonist of them all and the story is one of the best in gaming.
Origins would be next for me. Totally reinvigorated the series and I liked Bayek's story. The mechanics much more follow the Witcher 3 although the combat doesn't require as much skill.
Revelations next as it concludes the Ezio story but has a terrible ending for Desmond and his lore. Loved the addition of the hookblade mechanic but hated the "base" defence stuff.
Odyssey next for me. It was very similar to Origins in overall gameplay as it was made side by side and while it's far bigger in scope and has tremendous additions in fantasy lore with the Greek legends it suffered from a weaker main story and weaker protagonists than Origins. You can also complete the main game and the lengthy Atlantis side mission without going to all the islands. The combat was improved over origins and the powering up of the broken Leonidas spear is great. The map doesn't have the diversity of Origins either even if it is bigger. As much as I hated the sea faring stuff and there's a lot of it it was much more tolerable in this than other AC games
AC3 next. Much improved the overall mechanics of the Ezio trilogy but Connor was probably the most boring protagonist. I liked the building and improving of your community aspect but the trading for goods and supplies could take a significant amount of time that I wasn't really willing to invest. I wasn't a huge fan of RPG's at the time though so I might like it more now. The addition of the sea battles I detested which is why I never really gave the next few games a chance and turned off the AC series for a while.
Black Flag I never played for the reason above.
Rogue I never played
Unity I never played
Syndicate I only briefly played but never really gave it a chance.

You didn't even mention AC1?...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 03:31 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I really liked the combat in 1, felt more realistic then the rest of the series, not that any of it is realistic, but its far more realistic then any of the later entries, and it gives you what you pay for, being an assassin instead of being pirate or a scholar or a legionnaire, you're an Assassin, nothing more, nothing less, which is why it's my favorite.

First game is garbage, It really needs to be remade.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 03:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
First game is garbage, It really needs to be remade.
I like it more then 2.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 04:17 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

You didn't even mention AC1?...

F**k. I wrote a bit then deleted it when I was adding stuff to other parts. Anyway. Between Origins and Odyssey.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 04:18 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Arachnid1
4 is the best

Keep going OP

Hardly. AC 2 and Brotherhood are the best.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 04:21 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I like it more then 2.

It's just so basic that first game.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 05:57 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's a glorified tech demo. Impressive technology when first released but boring as hell. And.....super frustrating elements that ruined the game.

The newest ones are much better than previous games but the older ones are still fun.

I would go:

AC2
Brotherhood
AC4
AC Syndicate

Old Post Mar 29th, 2019 08:47 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote