KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Baldur's Gate 3

Baldur's Gate 3
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Baldur's Gate 3

"Developed by the creators of Divinity: Original Sin 2, Baldur's Gate III is the official next adventure in the venerable Baldur's Gate series. The teaser trailer shows a return of a malevolent presence to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out, corrupting everything that remains in the Forgotten Realms. The fate of the Forgotten Realms lies in your hands."

WHAT?!

WHAT THE F*CK?!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 12:41 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 12:43 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Holy shit

Balders Gate sequel? Made by Larian? So many amazing games have been getting announced recently

PWNT

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 02:40 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 11:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

If this is good, it would be a good Baldur's Gate game.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2020 12:42 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
If this is good, it would be a good Baldur's Gate game.
That's pretty astute, cdtm.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2020 12:52 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait is this game turn based

Old Post Feb 28th, 2020 10:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Surtur
Wait is this game turn based
Yep. A lot of BG fans are pissed about the change.

I prefer turn based to real time though (I've never played the older BGs, but I'm endlessly pissed about Final Fantasy 15 and the 7 remake), so it's great for me.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 01:24 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

This may be a unicorn then.

An Infinity Engine game that is actually playable.

Maybe dropping that horrid engine has something to do with that.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 01:32 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
This may be a unicorn then.

An Infinity Engine game that is actually playable.

Maybe dropping that horrid engine has something to do with that.

What is wrong with the infinity engine?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 02:56 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Surtur
What is wrong with the infinity engine?

Nothing.

If you like bad gameplay.

At the time, I suppose the Infinity Engine was alright, but compared to alternatives even back then its a clunky, unintuitive mess, only a step ahead of ASCII games like Nethack.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 06:25 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So when does everyone think this will get on next gen consoles?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 03:14 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here is the full cinematic intro for the game:

It's pretty awesome. You have illithids, dragons, a spelljammer, even some githyanki it seems.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 30th, 2020 at 07:23 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 07:18 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remember in BG2 the illithids were so damn annoying to try to fight, especially if your party was not prepared to fight them.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 07:25 PM
NemeBro

My mother is a whore

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 01:46 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by NemeBro
My mother is a whore
I-

Is she actually?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 07:36 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
My mother is a whore

I thought she was a hamster

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 06:44 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Early access starts September 30th. Over 20 hours of gameplay will be available:

https://screenrant.com/baldurs-gate...ity-comparison/

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 06:46 PM
StyleTime

My introduction into this series was Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, and it was one of the best couch co-op games out there. It's a sub-series that departed a bit from the main games, as it's purely an action rpg like Gauntlet or Diablo rather than D&D. And you only actually stay in Baldur's Gate for the opening bit iirc. It was so well done though. I played through with a friend and loved it.

I will pass on this though, and it is because of the combat system. I enjoy both action and turn based games, so I was open to Baldur's Gate 3 until I saw the gameplay videos. This particular brand of turn based combat is not for me. I get they're trying to recreate a table-top D&D experience, and that's a perfectly fine niche to fill, but it's not what I was looking for.

A new Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance was finally announced last December. News has been sparse though, possibly due to COVID interfering with development. I think they actually dropped the Baldur's Gate portion of the title due to it not being all that connected to the main series.

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 2nd, 2020 at 06:11 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 05:59 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
My introduction into this series was Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, and it was one of the best couch co-op games out there. It's a sub-series that departed a bit from the main games, as it's purely an action rpg like Gauntlet or Diablo rather than D&D. And you only actually stay in Baldur's Gate for the opening bit iirc. It was so well done though. I played through with a friend and loved it.

I will pass on this though, and it is because of the combat system. I enjoy both action and turn based games, so I was open to Baldur's Gate 3 until I saw the gameplay videos. This particular brand of turn based combat is not for me. I get they're trying to recreate a table-top D&D experience, and that's a perfectly fine niche to fill, but it's not what I was looking for.

A new Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance was finally announced last December. News has been sparse though, possibly due to COVID interfering with development. I think they actually dropped the Baldur's Gate portion of the title due to it not being all that connected to the main series.

I admit I'm not a fan of turn based for BG. I will give it a shot, but I'm returning the game if it sucks.

Still, you should try playing BG2 then. Get the enhanced edition. It is an excellent game. It's not like diablo...it is real time combat, but you will wanna pause and decide what you want each party member to do usually(up to 6 in your party, including your character).

Great game. Like I said, get the enhanced edition.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 08:44 PM