KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Elden Ring

Elden Ring
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Elden Ring

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...-leaked-e3-2019

Those rumors of GRRM collaborating with FromSoftware are growing larger by the week. I dismissed them as BS when they started circulating a few months ago.

quote:
After rumors suggesting A Song of Ice & Fire author George R.R. Martin and Bloodborne developers were working on a game together, new details suggest that title, Elden Ring, may reportedly be revealed at E3 2019.

As posted by industry analyst Daniel Ahmad (ZhugeEx on Twitter), and reportedly posted on 4chan, as reported by Game Informer, FromSoftware is allegedly set to reveal Elden Ring, a new RPG from Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R.R. Martin.

Ahmad posted a teaser image for the alleged collaboration game, showcasing the title, Elden Ring, and an etched symbol comprised of several interwoven circles and a vaguely anchor-shaped image. Elden Ring is reportedly set in "a new world" from Miyazaki and Martin, which would mean it is not a continuation of the Dark Souls or Bloodborne franchises.

There have been a ton of phenomenal games getting announced recently, so I'm hoping the streak keeps up to this. I'm cautiously optimistic for E3 this next week.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 12:01 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

**** this. GRRM better get back to finishing up TWOW instead of "writing" for a game.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 12:09 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Honestly idgaf anymore. I'll read the hell out of it when it comes out but the show already spoiled the ending. ASoIaF is out of sight and mind now. There are other books I can read.

Anyway, here's the poster:

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jun 8th, 2019 at 03:52 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 03:49 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Love From Soft and Sekiro turned out to be fantastic but holy shit, write the phucking book.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 06:22 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

PWNT

Old Post Jun 10th, 2019 01:48 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

There's leaked year old gameplay footage of the the game floating around on the internet

apparently there's going to be a much better looking trailer released this month.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 03:27 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Just what we need, another f'ing Dark Souls clone. 😣

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 02:16 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
It is in fact what we need. What we don't need is more storywork by GRRM the river-man.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 03:10 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I saw the leaked footage, it looks a little bit raw, but promising. The exploration kind of has an RDR vibe.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 09:12 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I saw the leaked footage, it looks a little bit raw, but promising. The exploration kind of has an RDR vibe.
It's a really old trailer they made from an earlier build that was supposed to be for internal use only. This was never supposed to be seen by us, and it's likely had a ton of polish since.

Hell yeah, that is EXACTLY what I need. They can keep pumping this gold into my veins until the day I'm too decrepit to pick up a controller. It'll always be day 1.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 11:13 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

How can it be a Dark Souls clone when Hidetaka Miyazaki is also involved with it.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:47 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Exactly, it's just so superior that every other genre is ruined now. thumb up

Need my FROM fix.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 05:32 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Hell ya.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 10th, 2021 08:25 PM
StyleTime

I'm ready.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2021 09:19 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

There is Elden Ring gameplay for Gamescom but it's exclusive to journalists and can't be shared. Nothing weird there.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 05:05 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

A counterpoint.....sometimes showing unfinished gameplay to the public can have the opposite effect on what they want to accomplish.

Just look at the shitstorm Halo Infinite had when the released that gameplay video last year....

Why would they want to show a gameplay video if it's not finished graphically to the public when the majority of opinions would probably be negative....it takes a lot of time for companies to make these videos/demos and ensure it's equal to the finished product so if they dont want to spend time doing that...(and I heard its like a month to make these type of demos)....they cant really show it to the public.

Last edited by Smasandian on Aug 27th, 2021 at 06:23 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 06:20 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Well, them not showing new footage gave us a ton of memes to enjoy at least.

I heard some journalist says the footage will be released to the public soon though. Whatever "soon" means is unclear though.

I normally don't give AF, and am content to just wait for the game to drop. I'm just SO ready my for next Souls fix. Some Souls clones are admittedly pretty neat, but they can only fill the void for so long.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 27th, 2021 at 07:58 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 07:55 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

As long as they show something prior to release.

I'm a bit intrigued because supposedly this game is open world, similarly to Zelda....
I'm not a huge fan of From Software games but that's just a personal preference.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 08:58 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Smasandian
A counterpoint.....sometimes showing unfinished gameplay to the public can have the opposite effect on what they want to accomplish.

Just look at the shitstorm Halo Infinite had when the released that gameplay video last year....

Why would they want to show a gameplay video if it's not finished graphically to the public when the majority of opinions would probably be negative....it takes a lot of time for companies to make these videos/demos and ensure it's equal to the finished product so if they dont want to spend time doing that...(and I heard its like a month to make these type of demos)....they cant really show it to the public.

To be fair, it's not like Infinite showed snippets of gameplay like Elden Ring did a couple months ago before it's gameplay presentation (Halo's).

If nothing else, they coulda provided a shorter version of what they gave those journalists or something, some glimpse and not a description by IGN. I actually listened and it was awful. Them, not the game I mean.

I'm looking forward to Elden Ring. Eversince I played Bloodborne I've been waiting for another new IP by them I can get behind. I'd try Dark Souls but I feel I'm late to that party.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 09:54 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Smasandian
As long as they show something prior to release.

I'm a bit intrigued because supposedly this game is open world, similarly to Zelda....
I'm not a huge fan of From Software games but that's just a personal preference.

I mostly only like their Soulsborne titles. I'm wasn't ever into other FromSoftware games, like Armored Core or Otogi.

I actually cringed a little bit when I heard it was open world. It's not that I hate open world per se, but it so often involves things I generally hate in video games. They've earned my trust though, and I'm banking on them not stumbling into the typical open world pitfalls.

I don't want resources blown on some silly lifeskills mechanics, where I have to cook moron stew for some moron in the town of Dorkshire, just to get a robe that lets me get back to the actual game I was trying to play. I don't want spend 8 hours mining dildo fragments to make dildo ingots either.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 30th, 2021 at 09:25 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2021 09:11 PM