KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Project Resistance (new Resident Evil game)

Project Resistance (new Resident Evil game)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Project Resistance (new Resident Evil game)

The official title hasn't been put out but it should be revealed at Tokyo Game Show on September 9th. We've got leaked images though. It's looking like a new Outbreak/coop game.

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Aug 29th, 2019 06:01 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

confused Unless I see some familiar faces, this might be Resident Evil in name only.

I don't know, I'm just not too faithful after the last spinoffs we've gotten.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Aug 29th, 2019 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2019 08:23 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

What is that, Reggie Mantle? Is this an Afterlife with Archie and RE mashup?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2019 09:19 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If this is Outbreak, Alyssa Ashcroft on the right looks like she's going through a punk phase.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2019 09:50 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
confused Unless I see some familiar faces, this might be Resident Evil in name only.

I don't know, I'm just not too faithful after the last spinoffs we've gotten.
Honestly, I'm good with some new characters. I always love me some Leon Kennedy, but I would like to feel some proper horror with new and inexperienced main characters. I actually really liked Ethan in RE7 for example (more than even most of the older cast), though I really hate first person. I'd love for him to return in a third person entry. Plus, all the familiar faces are aging. Aren't Chris and Leon closing in on their 50s by now? With how long they've been in their line of work, doesn't make much sense for them to still be in the field. Time to either reboot or pass the torch IMO.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 07:20 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2019 07:17 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Who is that chick in the background? Velma?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2019 02:40 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

We get a full reveal tomorrow.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 9th, 2019 04:02 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm getting a Fable Legends vibe. If I didn't know better, I'd say there's a 5th player that will control the map and enemies. Why else are you showing the Tyrant being controlled by Mr. Faceless otherwise?

Last edited by Nemesis X on Sep 10th, 2019 at 01:03 AM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2019 12:57 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Yeah, agreed. Not a fan of the idea but I'll see where this goes for now.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 10th, 2019 03:21 PM
Arachnid1

This looks like @ss.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 12th, 2019 04:13 AM
Arachnid1

How tf do you follow up horror gems like RE7 and RE2 with this trash? It looks like what Konami did with Metal Gear Survive, ripping assets directly from the main game and trying to fit it into a trash set up. I'm out.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 12th, 2019 04:46 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1

The next Resident Evil is...a game show? O_o

I am not sure how to react to this.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2019 09:38 AM