KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Sid Meier's Pirates!

Sid Meier's Pirates!
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Sid Meier's Pirates! (also known as Sid Meier's Pirates!: Live the Life) is a 2004 strategy, action, and adventure video game developed by Firaxis Games and published by Atari, and later on 2K Games. The game is a remake of Sid Meier's earlier 1987 game, also named Sid Meier's Pirates!. Overall, the gameplay remains similar to the original game, though it features a 3D game engine (NDL's Gamebryo). Some elements such as sun sighting have been removed, but other features have been added, such as a ballroom dancing mini-game and an improved turn-based land combat system.

The Microsoft Windows version of Pirates! was released on November 22, 2004, is also available through the online GameTap video game service. The Xbox version was released on July 11, 2005, and includes some multiplayer capabilities. The Xbox version was re-released on the Xbox Live Marketplace for the Xbox 360 as an Xbox Original on February 11, 2008, as the Xbox version is on the Xbox 360 backward compatibility list in North America and Europe. A version for the PlayStation Portable was released on January 22, 2007; this new version features some modified gameplay mechanisms, and was developed by Full Fat in collaboration with Firaxis Games. The Mac OS X version of the game was released in August 2008 by Feral Interactive. The Wii version was released on September 28, 2010.

A mobile version has been released by Oasys Mobile. The iPad version of the game was released on July 21, 2011. On April 20, 2012, a version for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch was released, published by 2K Games. In addition, the game was ported over to the Windows Phone platform in early April 2012.

Legit couldn't find this thread, and I wanna talk about it with fellow KMC'ers, hence this thread.

Discuss!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 04:40 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Don't do that man. I rhought they were making a new one lol.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 05:33 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I played the shit out of the original when I was a kid...the grand old Tandy 1000.
The remake came out, I loved it. It was awesome.

I could go for another remake..similar to what they did with the XCOM series.
However, I would want them to get the other direction and make more complicated....XCOM style land battles, more intricate fighting mechanics and etc.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 12:33 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote