KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Star Wars by Ubisoft - New open-world game in the works

Star Wars by Ubisoft - New open-world game in the works
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Star Wars by Ubisoft - New open-world game in the works

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 06:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah.

I have always argued that only a select few companies could do a Star Wars game. Ubisoft would be one of those companies.

A combination of high expectations from fans, most likely a very high cost, too much oversight from Disney/Lucasfilm games and probably little profit.

I have heard the incoming EA CEO was very unhappy with the deal EA made for Star Wars games.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 07:33 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The new game is by Ubisoft and the Division devs.

RIP

PWNT

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 07:40 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Please bring back "Star Wars 1313." We can do it now.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 07:47 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1

RIP

thumb up

This will be bland and uninspired at best.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 09:01 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Smasandian
Ubisoft would be one of those companies.
thumb down

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 09:27 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Idk, this probably won't be a Star Wars-Assassin's Creed, but if it is, I wouldn't mind.

That said it's being done by the Division devs, so it's likely either gonna be outright bad to okay. I doubt it's gonna be a stand-out memorable game.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 10:28 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Arachnid1

RIP

As long as the game doesn't end up being a live-service game.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 11:47 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I really enjoyed both Division games.

And I also enjoyed their World in Conflict RTS games.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 12:53 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Kazenji
As long as the game doesn't end up being a live-service game.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 05:22 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Tbh, they should've given the license to Valve. They could make some ****ing MAGIC with a star wars game.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 06:03 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well I would agree that Valve would always be a good choice..

No way Valve would ever bid for a Star Wars game...and Disney would never work with Valve....

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 07:19 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by ares834
(please log in to view the image)

Will see....

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 01:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Will see about Valve?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 01:18 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Look again at the posts.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 01:22 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't want any studio to have exclusivity. I just hope Disney isn't pricing all but the biggest studios out of said licenses by making them ridiculously expensive.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 06:18 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Even if that was the case, a smaller studio most likely will not have the cash to make a Star Wars game anyways.

Unless Disney shells out money to those studios (like a typical publisher - developer), then I cannot see a small studio doing a Star Wars game.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 12:19 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
Even if that was the case, a smaller studio most likely will not have the cash to make a Star Wars game anyways.

Unless Disney shells out money to those studios (like a typical publisher - developer), then I cannot see a small studio doing a Star Wars game.

Sure, but there's a middle-ground between the biggest studios and the smaller ones. I hope those ones in the middle get a chance to have a crack at it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 04:09 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

My god I hated the Division. I remember me and my buddies being so hyped for that game and then it turned out to be a bland storyline with nothing but bullet sponges for bosses.

Seriously, everyone would be out of ammo by the end of the fight because all youre doing is moving from cover to cover just spraying at a guy with a mini gun who shoots at you as he slowly walks towards you, just eating everything you throw at him. No tactics, no strategy, he just walks right at you and eats clips like candy.

I could not stand that game.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 06:04 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Trocity
My god I hated the Division. I remember me and my buddies being so hyped for that game and then it turned out to be a bland storyline with nothing but bullet sponges for bosses.

Seriously, everyone would be out of ammo by the end of the fight because all youre doing is moving from cover to cover just spraying at a guy with a mini gun who shoots at you as he slowly walks towards you, just eating everything you throw at him. No tactics, no strategy, he just walks right at you and eats clips like candy.

I could not stand that game.
That sounds awful. Why do people pretend stuff like that is gameplay?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 08:52 PM