KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Activision moves another game studio to work on CoD

Activision moves another game studio to work on CoD
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Activision moves another game studio to work on CoD

This time around its Toys for Bob who have had success with the Spyro Reignited Trilogy & Crash Bandicoot 4

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...evelopment-duty

**** Activison with how many game studio's that they've moved to work on CoD.

Last edited by Kazenji on May 3rd, 2021 at 06:41 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 06:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 09:22 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

That means four year dev time per game, right? Maybe that's a good thing.

Not that I care about COD or am going to buy any of them.

PWNT

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 12:43 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You can't fault them....clearly CoD makes the oodles of money and Spyro and Crash clearly do not.

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 12:59 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Regardless of that **** Activison and on the topic of CoD, I haven't touched it since Black Ops 2.

Old Post May 4th, 2021 01:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
You can't fault them....clearly CoD makes the oodles of money and Spyro and Crash clearly do not.

According to this list, CoD Cold War did poorly while Crash 4 and Tony Hawk helped turn a profit, but then they killed their studios to help with future Call of Duty.

https://twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/s...5333447682?s=20

So yes, I can fault them.

Old Post May 18th, 2021 12:34 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Wait....this doesn't mean CoD Cold War didn't do well.

It just means CoD Cold War did less than previous CoD at retail. And that having Tony Hawk and Crash 4 helped the retail revenue.

Nowhere does it say Crash 4 and Tony Hawk did better than CoD.

Old Post May 18th, 2021 11:53 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Smas, you need to stop simpin for corporate. They're never calling back. Fact is no matter if Cold War did sell well or not, they still killed off two studios behind games that made surprising profit and hope digesting them will relieve a rainbow sparkling fart that masks their garbage franchise. First person shooters are a dime a dozen which NU Resident Evil’s unfortunately not helping with, while Crash at least helped Activision stand out

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 19th, 2021 12:27 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah...I'm not crushing on anything. I said you cannot fault them considering they believe CoD is their money maker.

I could care less if there is more CoD or more Crash games...I haven't bought a CoD in a few years and I don't give a shit about Crash.

Old Post May 19th, 2021 02:57 AM