KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead Space (2023)

Dead Space (2023)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Dead Space Remake

(please log in to view the image)

Damn, I missed Isaac.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jul 22nd, 2021 at 06:11 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2021 06:07 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

It’s about goddamn time.

This franchise is too good to be locked away and forgotten.

https://www.pcgamer.com/dead-space-...our-first-look/

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2021 07:37 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Grew up loving this, awesome series, but under EA that's iffy on horror plus with what happened to Visceral, I wouldn't blame Motive after getting this dropped on their lap probably being like:

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 01:46 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The video game industry is essentially just a pile of old ropes at this point.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 02:02 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This game didn't need a remake, Not like it was a PS1 game or something.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 06:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Bold of you to assume we'd get something original out of the AAA industry,

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 06:40 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Remakes & Remasters, We already got that with the previous Gen. Sure some of them were needed but some of them were also pointless.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 06:55 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Dead Space deserves to keep going.

I’d have preferred a soft reboot after the mess that was Dead Space 3, but I’m happy with a modern remake.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 09:45 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I re-played Dead Space about a year ago, and the game play holds up really well. Other than visuals, I don’t know what they can do to it, without fundamentally changing the game.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 02:54 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Dead Space deserves to keep going.

I’d have preferred a soft reboot after the mess that was Dead Space 3, but I’m happy with a modern remake.
This is why I'm happy too.

No, the first game didn't need a remake. That said, it's a horror masterpiece and it needs another chance with modern horror audiences. It needs to continue, and reintroducing a new generation of gamers to the original (and hugely improved while being faithful according to interviews) masterpiece seems like a fantastic way to do it. I want this series to continue for generations of consoles into the future.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 04:46 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Arachnid1
This is why I'm happy too.

No, the first game didn't need a remake. That said, it's a horror masterpiece and it needs another chance with modern horror audiences. It needs to continue, and reintroducing a new generation of gamers to the original (and hugely improved while being faithful according to interviews) masterpiece seems like a fantastic way to do it. I want this series to continue for generations of consoles into the future.

If anything, a full scale remake can retcon some of the issues with the story.

Also, yes, this will give Dead Space a new audience and that is very important.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 09:19 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I finally got around to playing the original Dead Space recently. Great game. Not sure when I'm gonna get around to playing the other two though. I heard they were a disappointment compared to the first one.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jul 24th, 2021 02:49 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
I finally got around to playing the original Dead Space recently. Great game. Not sure when I'm gonna get around to playing the other two though. I heard they were a disappointment compared to the first one.
2 definitely wasn't. It was an Alien-Aliens type of deal but still a phenomenal and addictive game.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2021 05:08 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Alien Isolation kind of made Dead Space obsolete.

Dead Space is amazingly atmospheric, it just pales in comparison because A:I does it all better.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2021 05:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Dead Space was like Alien: creepy, scary, atmospheric, and cold.

Dead Space 2 was like Aliens: action oriented, explosive, balls to the wall, and hot.

Dead Space 3 was an unmitigated mess. It’s not dog shit, per se, but it’s overall a weak entry.

This remake can clear up and erase and stupidity from the canon.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2021 05:37 PM
Impediment
Endless

Also, I wonder if Warren Ellis will return as a writer.

Ellis has gotten himself into hot water recently over allegations of sexual misconduct.

Transmetropolitan is a fantastically written Vertigo title.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2021 05:38 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Impediment
Also, I wonder if Warren Ellis will return as a writer.

Ellis has gotten himself into hot water recently over allegations of sexual misconduct.

Transmetropolitan is a fantastically written Vertigo title.

I read it awhile ago, and like enough about it. But there was a few things that got old quick.

Like the blatant strawmanning and mockery of Conservativism. Or the vendetta against dogs.

And it is a vendetta, Warren Ellis is noteable for long blog posts hating on man's best friend.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2021 05:42 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm surprised it's a remake. I would of been happy with a updated remastered because unlike RE2 and RE3, I wouldn't change much at all.

I could go with updated lighting effects and re-tooling of the terrible asteroid sequence.

But...I kind of wanted a ME Legendary Edition for the Dead Space trilogy.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2021 12:01 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I’m super pumped for this game.

That is all.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2021 09:17 PM
Arachnid1

Beautiful.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 12th, 2022 02:45 PM