KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Star Ocean: The Divine Force

Star Ocean: The Divine Force
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Star Ocean: The Divine Force

The new sci-fi fantasy RPG is coming to PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Steam in 2022!

Developed by tri-Ace, STAR OCEAN THE DIVINE FORCE is a thrilling new adventure that fuses science fiction and fantasy. Although it’s the sixth mainline entry in the STAR OCEAN series, THE DIVINE FORCE will be an excellent starting point for newcomers as it tells a completely original story with brand-new characters.

For existing fans, the game brings back the popular dual protagonist system from STAR OCEAN: The Second Story and puts you in the shoes of two very different protagonists: Raymond and Laeticia.

Raymond is from an advanced civilization, and the captain of the space trading ship Ydas. Laeticia, meanwhile, is a princess-knight from a kingdom on an underdeveloped planet. When they meet, the fate of the galaxy will change forever.

Regardless of which protagonist you go with, you’ll have amazing freedom over how you explore this galactically imaginative world. Characters have amazing mobility around areas - everything you see is there to be explored… from the ground and the air.

Not only can the characters move in 360 degrees on the ground, they can also fly up into the air, too! See a cliff or rockface that looks interesting in the distance? You can fly over there and poke around. Want to get up to the rooftops for a better look at the city? Up you go!

From towering mountains, to dark, vast valleys and even imposing castles, there’s an incredible variety of places to explore… but not all of them will be safe... Sooner or later, you’ll encounter enemies and that means it’s time to battle. Fortunately, the sense of nimbleness extends into the combat system, too!

The heroes can take down hordes of enemies with super high-speed movement attacks. For example, you have a skill that lets you vanish for a moment in front of enemies’ eyes or take out a foe in a single hit.

Combat flows seamlessly into exploration too - there are no random battles, and all enemies are present on the field. If you see danger ahead, it’s up to you how and when you engage them. Do you rush in head-on or swoop down from the sky?

It’s the fastest, most impactful action the series has ever had, and we can’t wait for you to try it for yourselves!

Not gonna lie this actually looks pretty damn good, which is saying a lot when the last entry was actual garbage.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 28th, 2021 11:26 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
Not gonna lie this actually looks pretty damn good, which is saying a lot when the last entry was actual garbage.

The last one was garbage?..i have it for the PS4 and still haven't put it in.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2021 05:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
The last one was garbage?..i have it for the PS4 and still haven't put it in.
It's a horrific game. It has a horrible story and horrible gameplay.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2021 04:33 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'll no doubt eventually play the game myself and experience the awfulness.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2021 01:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by Kazenji
I'll no doubt eventually play the game myself and experience the awfulness.

Its somehow worse than Star Ocean 4 IMO and that game was saved solely by its gameplay alone.

Though I am excited to see a new Star Ocean game. If the Tales series can get an overhaul then I hope this franchise can too.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2021 07:13 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Its somehow worse than Star Ocean 4 IMO and that game was saved solely by its gameplay alone.

Though I am excited to see a new Star Ocean game. If the Tales series can get an overhaul then I hope this franchise can too.
As a big Star Ocean fan, this looks like it's gonna be a great entry.

Flying around, high-flying over-the-top combat, it all looks really good so far.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2021 05:39 PM