KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nintendo Playstation.

Nintendo Playstation.
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VG_Addict

Nintendo Playstation.

As we all know, Nintendo and Sony were working on a SNES add-on, but Nintendo made a deal with Phillips, and that led to the PlayStation.

I hear about how Nintendo betrayed Sony, but why is Nintendo in the wrong? Sony was going to get all the profits for the games. It's not like Sony was completely innocent. I'm tired of people making the birth of the Playstation seem like the big bully Nintendo screwed over the helpless victim Sony, when Sony was the bigger company at the time.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2022 09:49 PM
VG_Addict is currently offline Click here to Send VG_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by VG_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah I dunno the story really. It's fun to think about but at this point who cares? It's the kinda thing where you can use hindsight to act like it was Nintendo making a bad decision because it led to Sony, but remember this was all happening at a time when there were many entrants into the console market and almost all completely failed. Sony was really the only one that succeeded so Nintendo had no way to predict Sony would be the one to make it work.

It's like the whole thing about Blockbuster turning down the chance to buy Netflix when Netflix was just starting. It's easy to look back on that now and be like "oh yeah blockbuster ****ed up" but at the time there was no reason to think Netflix would be the one to demolish their entire industry and build it back up from the ground up.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2022 12:17 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The Blockbuster thing is a bit misleading....

Blockbuster failed not because they didn't jump into the DVD by mail/streaming is because they had no ****ing money. They had massive debts and no capital. Netflix had that....

Old Post Mar 13th, 2022 02:52 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cryena
Restricted

Account Restricted

nintendo came out in 1889 sony came out in 1960 nintendo was the bigger company at the time but sony is always better

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2022 11:33 PM
cryena is currently offline Click here to Send cryena a Private Message Find more posts by cryena Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Just because Nintendo existed first doesn't mean it's the bigger company. Sony's always been bigger, having more media coverage than just gaming. They have different audiences though which is partly why the consoles wars have always been dumb.

Come to think of it, the rise of PlayStation was when I first experienced the toxicity of console wars. During Nintendo vs Sega at least I never saw people try to make it about who was better, as me and friends were happy to play something whether it was on our Super NES or Genesis. Competition's good regardless of what brand you prefer.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2022 12:11 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cryena
Restricted

Account Restricted

i don't know about that i remember nintendo vs atari arguement and nintendo vs sega arguements and i know for a fact playstation has always had the best gaming systems because they come out with all the good stuff first for example playstation 2 was the first system you didn't need a controller to play certain games just the eye toy camera it took xbox until the kinect to do that and i don' think nintendo has it yet tho i could be wrong about that last part what i meant about nintendo being a bigger name at the time was in the gaming world nintendo has been making games since 1889 and by 199? when playstation came out nintendo already had at least 2 consoles and a handheld system out

Old Post Apr 4th, 2022 12:44 AM
cryena is currently offline Click here to Send cryena a Private Message Find more posts by cryena Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote