KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Thomas Harris

Thomas Harris
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BadKitty
cockeyed

Thomas Harris

Thomas Harris is the man we all have to thank for the gripping storyline that lies at the very heart of Manhunter. The original novel, titled 'Red Dragon' is an intense story which be remembered for all time as the one which introduced the world to the chilling character of Doctor Hannibal Lector.

Harris has now published four novels - his first was 'Black Sunday' and the other three are the Hannibal Lector trilogy ('Red Dragon', 'The Silence of the Lambs' and 'Hannibal')

Ive never read black sunday but read the other three. I thought the red dragon was the scraiest book I have ever read...does anyone else like Thomas Harris and which of the books would you say is the best?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 07:24 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

i am gonna check it out....

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 07:58 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

BKK i was going to make the same thread but you one step ahead of me smile i think Thomas Harris is great. i mostly liked SOTL and Red Dragon. still haven't read Hannibal. sad but saw movie.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 11:38 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

hockey I had you in mind really wink hannibal is good...it had a few slow parts between killins but over all very good...and way better than the movie smile

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 05:09 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i have to read hannibal. better than red dragon?

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 05:13 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

no no not better than either the red dragon or silence of the lambs.
its funny though I read hannial and was totally freaked(in a good way)by the ending..you know I hear that the book is why jodie foster didnt come back..lol

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 05:32 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

lol
ok so red dragon vs SOTL which u liked better?
i prefered red dragon. just a little bit better.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 11:53 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

well book wise the red dragon definatly was the best! I recommed it to every one who like horror books...sotl movie was better than the red dragon movie to me though

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 02:21 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

yea SOTL movie was better than red dragon movie.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 02:57 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

atfer hannibal who is your favorite character ?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 10:01 PM
RonyLeBeau
Next time it may be you!

i think 'Hannibal' is the best book by T.H, i read this book in 2 days i could not put it down.

I hope T.H. writes a book of Lecters life as a child/teenadult. I have not heard anything. I just heard they are planning to make a movie but no book(yet). sad

I am with you BK..... i have not read Black Sunday. What is it about, do you know?? blink

Do you hear the wind my brothers and sisters it is time to rise....-Kickapoo-Lipan Nations-

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 05:28 AM
RonyLeBeau is currently offline Click here to Send RonyLeBeau a Private Message Find more posts by RonyLeBeau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

black sunday was before the lecter books and he's not a part of it it's a story of a terrorist plot to detonate plastic explosives from a blimp during the Super Bowl. thats all I know...
quote:
I hope T.H. writes a book of Lecters life as a child/teenadult. I have not heard anything. I just heard they are planning to make a movie but no book(yet).
wow that would be great! thats the first Ive heard of that! didnt Hannibal start out the same way...was conceived as a movie then t.h. set to task to write the book..Im not sure thats the rumor I heard. if so then we should get our hands on a pre-teen lecture before it hits theaters smile

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 05:36 AM
RonyLeBeau
Next time it may be you!

Personally Black Sunday sounds boring but maybe i am wrong. Sounds like something from "the Simpsons" wink (i think there was an episode like that)

i do not remember where i heard there will be a movie about kid/teen/youngadult Lecter i think it was E! or some show of that nature. I would prefer the book .......but i can't be choosey ( i would welcome either). shifty

Do you hear the wind my brothers and sisters it is time to rise....-Kickapoo-Lipan Nations-

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 02:18 AM
RonyLeBeau is currently offline Click here to Send RonyLeBeau a Private Message Find more posts by RonyLeBeau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote:
atfer hannibal who is your favorite character ?

look at picture in my sig thats my fav character after hannibal.

lol

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 03:12 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

forgive me hockey but I dont know who that is..*covers head from whirling objects*

I think I meant in lector books..lol

quote:
I would prefer the book .......but i can't be choosey ( i would welcome either).
me too!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 05:53 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

lol^

bkk u know they making Lecter Vartion. Prequel to Red Dragon. (movie)

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 12:20 AM