KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire

George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire
Started by: The_Khan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Khan

George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire

George R.R. Martin is a master of his craft. As Robert Jordan's blurb stated on the cover of his first book, "It grabs hold, and doesn't let go."

Did anyone read George R.R. Martin? If you haven't yet you should run to the book store and buy his books (A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, and A Storm of Swords) but you should sleep first, because once you start reading you will not sleep until you've read the last page. Anyone who read GRRM's books, please feel free to share your thoughts smile

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 02:03 AM
The_Khan is currently offline Click here to Send The_Khan a Private Message Find more posts by The_Khan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

no I havent read those..I love books that grip me the way you descibed though...awesome

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 02:23 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Khan

Re:

When you get a chance run to the bookstores and buy the first book of the series "A Game of Thrones", you will not regret it, that's a guarantee smile

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 11:52 PM
The_Khan is currently offline Click here to Send The_Khan a Private Message Find more posts by The_Khan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

teehee...I keep talking about this awesome library I just signed up at..I bet they have it..I am going in with a big list monday! smile

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 12:22 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Khan

Re:

I'm really happy that you will give it a try. I'll be here so tell me when you start reading it and what you think. I was going to post an awesome picture from his books for you to enjoy but the site is not allowing me to do so. When does the site allow you to post a picture up? Please let me know, thanks.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 01:18 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

did you go to preview and spell check on your post? theres a browse button toward the bottom of the preview to up load pics.hope that helps smile

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 10:08 PM
The_Khan

Re:

Thank you very much. Here is a character sketch from George R.R. Martin's The Hedge Knight, prequel to his famous A Song of Ice and Fire series, enjoy smile

Attachment: ser lyonel baratheon.jpg
This has been downloaded 62 time(s).

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 11:46 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

very pretty!like the colors

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 01:48 AM
The_Khan

Re:

I'm happy that you like it. Here is The Battle of The Trident as described by George R.R. Martin in A Song of Ice and Fire when Robert Baratheon fought Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, enjoy smile

Attachment: battle of the trident.jpg
This has been downloaded 63 time(s).

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 02:17 AM
The_Khan

Re:

Here is a five page preview of George R.R. Martin's The Hedge Knight, enjoy smile

THK issue #1

Page 1:
(please log in to view the image)

Page 2:

Page 3:

Page 4:

Page 5:

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 12:28 AM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

its a comic book???

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 12:59 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Khan

Re:

The Hedge Knight is a short story that George R.R. Martin wrote in the anthology Legends edited by Robert Silverberg, it is the prequel to A Song of Ice and Fire and takes place in the world of Westeros some 100 years before A Game of Thrones. You can find it in any book store. These pictures are for the comic book adaptation for George R.R. Martin's short story. Once we are done adapting The Hedge Knight into a comic book then we will move on to adapt A Song of Ice and Fire. Actually my art director started character sketches on A Song of Ice and Fire and is asking for feedback, if you want to give your feedback, please let me know and I'll give you the link. I hope that helps.

Here is the five page preview for The Hedge Knight issue #2, enjoy smile

THK issue #2

Page 1:

Page 2:

Page 3:

Page 4:

Page 5:

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 02:36 AM
The_Khan

Re:

Here is the character sketch of Egg, enjoy smile

Egg:

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 10:19 PM
The_Khan

Here are two more character sketches from George R.R. Martin's The Hedge Knight, enjoy smile

Ser Duncan the Tall "Dunk":

Tanselle:

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 05:46 PM
The_Khan

Re:

Here is the cover for The Hedge Knight comic book that Ted Nasmith drew for me, enjoy smile

Ted Nasmith:

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 08:08 PM
The_Khan

Re:

Here is another cover of George R.R. Martin's The Hedge Knight comic book, enjoy smile

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 12:55 AM
The_Khan

Re:

Here is the cover done by Boris and Michael Kaluta, enjoy smile

Boris cover:

Michael Kaluta:

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 02:44 AM
The_Khan

Re:

The Hedge Knight #3 came out this week, my friend. You can check with your comic book retailer in order to get your copy.

Here is a link to the cover as well as a five page preview to THK #4, enjoy smile

http://pub25.ezboard.com/froaringst...opicID=93.topic

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 10:20 PM
The_Khan

Re:

Here is a link to an article on Dragonlance issue #5 enjoy the artwork smile

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/sho...;threadid=10477

Also a link to an article for George R.R. Martin's The Hedge Knight #5, enjoy smile

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthr...;threadid=10478

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 06:46 PM