KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » book of the month?

should we make a book of the month?
This poll is closed.
yes 8 66.67%
no 1 8.33%
not sure 3 25.00%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

book of the month?
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BadKitty
cockeyed

book of the month?

what do you guys think of like a book of the month thread...where before each month members make suggestions before the month end then a thread for that book is created at the beginning of the month and and stuck to the top where people can give there thoughts and reviews...just a idea I was kicking around..
if yes how do you think we should proceed?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2003 09:20 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I'm not sure how we would go about doing it. It sounds like a good idea, though

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 04:26 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

yeah see I like the idea..but no sure how either... huh

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 04:33 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Falling-Forever
Bye Bye Benny...

I agree, good idea but it seems a little complicated. If we figure out a way to manage it then yeah, I'm all for it!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 09:56 PM
Falling-Forever is currently offline Click here to Send Falling-Forever a Private Message Find more posts by Falling-Forever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I don't follow any books other than DragonLance, so I wouldn't be much of a help big grin

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 02:56 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

I think its a good idea

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 07:21 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

maybe like before jan. I can pm a random member who posts here alot(like a different one each month) and they can make a review of the book we should read and I'll sticky it up top so we can all give feedback and comments...just a idea

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 06:19 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

That's pretty good. I could do that. All DL books, of course

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 07:09 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

excellent idea but very difficult to actually process this. hmmm

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 04:22 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

anyway u guyz know that my vote(s) will go to the classic books smile

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 04:22 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

well we will have a plan hatched by the beggining of january I think...my brain is mush right now though..maybe Ill have more ideas by the weekend smile

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 05:26 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Of course they will stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 05:26 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

I thought Id get some sort of muse on this this weekend...I didnt. x-mas shopping and stuff keep me way to busy...what about anyone else..got some ideas ?*preys*

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 06:25 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I thikn I like Phoenix's idea better: We all suggest books, pick one, we all read it, and discuss it once we're all done. More like a Book Discussion than a Book of the Month. Whaddya think?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 09:33 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

I like her idea alot,I just seen it,I am going to unsticky this and pm her big grin

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 04:51 AM