KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Runelords!!

Runelords!!
Started by: StinkFist462

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StinkFist462
Your Mom

Warning Runelords!!

GREATEST SERIES EVER!!!
AUTHOR: DAVID FARLAND
TOR FANTASY.. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 08:49 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

I just looked for it on the web...it seems to have a huge following stinkfist462

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 09:37 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

its very very good...

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 03:41 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

DAMMIT !!! AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO READ THESE BOOKS!!! ??

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 11:09 PM
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

How many books are there? I haven't heard of them....what are they based on......

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 10:53 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

4 books .. uhh its a long story ..

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 09:22 PM
Jor'Kul

Yes. I am a big fan of this series as well...

I am really looking forward to it's theatrical release.

Anyways, if you would like to talk more about the books, hop over to the official forum, I am one of the moderators, and would love to talk to you about the movie, and the books.

scifantasy.*********.com

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 01:21 AM
Jor'Kul is currently offline Click here to Send Jor'Kul a Private Message Find more posts by Jor'Kul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jor'Kul

"FRANCHISE PARTNERS FOR PRODUCTION WITH STORY ISLAND, EBG AND CANYONLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT TO RELEASE $80 MILLION EPIC ADVENTURE “THE RUNELORDS”

First of 3 Picture Franchise Set For Release Summer 2005

LOS ANGELES, FEB. 19, 2004 – Franchise Pictures has partnered with Story Island Entertainment, Origin Entertainment LLC (who will operate under the new trademark Canyonlight Entertainment), and Entertainment Business Group (EBG) for the production of the $80 million epic-adventure franchise “The Runelords,” the first of three films based on the internationally best-selling novels by David Farland. The companies have entered into a co-production and distribution agreement with Franchise Pictures.

Stated John J. Lee, Jr., CEO for EBG: “Elie (Samaha) and the entire Franchise team bring highly beneficial creative and distribution power to these pictures.”

W. David McBrayer of Canyonlight Entertainment, stated, "Canyonlight is pleased to be part of such a great team to produce an epic-adventure motion picture of this scope. ‘The Runelords’ will capture the imagination of audiences worldwide with its unique storyline and visual style."

“The Runelords” is scheduled to commence principal photography in Prague, Czech Republic in June, with negotiations presently being finalized with a top director to helm the film. In addition to producing, EBG is directing international sales, electronic games and merchandising.

Elie Samaha is executive producing and Joseph Merhi is producing for Franchise Pictures for the three films’ series. In anticipation of “The Runelords” being a breakout action-adventure franchise, they plan a major P&A launch and release campaign.

Published in 1997, “The Runelords” was the first novel in the series and was followed by “Brotherhood of the Wolf” and “Wizardborn.” All were best-sellers in North America and the major European territories, and are presently published in eight languages. The latest installment, “Lair of Bones,” was published in Fall 2003, by Tor, a division of St. Martin’s Press.

“The Runelords” series author and creator David Wolverton (pka David Farland), is deeply experienced in major motion picture and electronic game franchise creation. He has written more than twenty best-selling fantasy and science fiction novels, including novels for the “Star Wars” and “The Mummy” franchises, as well as designs for some of the most successful electronic games, including “StarCraft: Brood War.”

The first installment of “The Runelords” epic fantasy series weaves a mixture of magic and myth, romance, valor, wonder and bravery. Wolverton commented that the tale combines the power, action and moral depth of “The Matrix” with the audience demographics of “Spiderman.”

Wolverton adds: “When I first conceived of the Runelords novel series, I saw immediately that it was a great property and a powerful motion picture, games and merchandise platform. It’s a story that takes us to another world, a place where we enjoy being. We will want to develop the story in a variety of mediums which connect to the most important facets of our lives.”

EBG is presently discussing potential global licensing and merchandising deals for multi-platform electronic games and a host of toy, publishing, apparel and other licensing agreements on behalf of the franchise.

Emmy Award-winning visual effects pioneer, Grant Boucher, has been providing creative and artistic direction for the franchise with initial help from Academy Award winner John Nelson (Gladiator, I Robot). Nelson comments: "It's a very strong story where attributes can be traded, so the currency of the realm are things like strength, beauty and other human attributes which are much more valuable than money."

The Runelords is a co-production between Franchise Pictures, who has a standing domestic distribution deal with Warner Bros., Wolverton’s Story Island Entertainment, David McBrayer’s and Richard Shaw’s Canyonlight Entertainment and EBG, which is helmed by Rob Holt and John J. Lee, Jr. with Development and Production President Anne Marie Gillen."

More information @ scifantasy.*********.com

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 08:03 PM
Jor'Kul is currently offline Click here to Send Jor'Kul a Private Message Find more posts by Jor'Kul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sigillum_Diaboli
I'm New

i wonder what Raj Ahten will look like blink

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 05:32 AM
Sigillum_Diaboli is currently offline Click here to Send Sigillum_Diaboli a Private Message Find more posts by Sigillum_Diaboli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sigillum_Diaboli
I'm New

is it known who the director is yet ?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 01:39 AM
Sigillum_Diaboli is currently offline Click here to Send Sigillum_Diaboli a Private Message Find more posts by Sigillum_Diaboli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jor'Kul

Yes. It is Christian Duguay.

He directed The Hitler miniseries (I think he got an emmy for that), and Joan of Arc, and all of the Scanner movies.

This information was just released yesterday.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 04:15 PM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

koo .. when does it come out ?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 12:52 AM