KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » please choose our book for january book of the month

please our book for January's book of the month
This poll is closed.
Dragons of Autumn Twilight-Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman 1 3.70%
Dark Materials-Phillip Pullman 1 3.70%
Rose Daughter- Robin McKinley 2 7.41%
Acorna's People -Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Ann Scarborough 0 0%
To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee 1 3.70%
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- JK Rowling 4 14.81%
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe- CS Lewis 3 11.11%
Wuthering Heights- Emily Brontė 2 7.41%
Alice's Adventures In Wonderland- Lewis Carroll 3 11.11%
The Illiad-homer 10 37.04%
Total: 27 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

please choose our book for january book of the month
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BadKitty
cockeyed

Question please choose our book for january book of the month

okkies friends..sorry Im a bit late tonight...here is a poll of ten books(most suggested by all of you~thanks wink )that we can choose from for january's book for our first book of the month club stick out tongue
I will leave this up all week..after we all vote, the most popular book wins for that month, and we agree on a date we can all have it read by.
(most likely the end of january)
also post you comments if you like on the idea here,all thoughts are much appreciated
thanks a bunch
~bkk

(ps~10 is all the poll will hold,so sorry if there is anything I am missing)

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 03:57 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I'd say Illiad. I've already read Dragons of Autumn Twilight big grin

I've always loved Homer's work

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 05:54 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

i read a short review on this..it does sound good! smile

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 06:07 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

go alice!!! you can do it gal!!! go, go chester, the cheshire cat!!!! gooooooooooo!!!!

i'm so sick of illiad... we have to read it in school and our literature teacher is an imbecile... she makes spelling mistakes...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:38 AM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

Ive read the alice in wonderland..its fantastic!

your teacher makes spelling mistakes???theres something terribly wrong with that no

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:41 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I would say Illiad as I have read most of the others already! ((me being selfish and all))

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 10:53 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

same....wait i have also read the illiad........won't hurt me to read it again big grin

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 11:17 AM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

I read the Dragonlance one, Wuthering Heights, Alice and Illiad.

Alice and Illiad are both great books but Illiad is one of my favorite books so. I vote for Illiad.

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 11:20 AM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

Lewis Carol was a paedophile- alice was a little girl who lived round the corner from him and he was "fascinated" by her

*cough*perv*cough*

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 11:22 AM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

but I dont think he tried any thing with her did he?*ack* I love that book though...wasnt he trippin on something while writing it?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 12:14 PM
rinoa

im easy either way i dont mind what book it turns out to be but ive gone for wuthering heights as i have it in a box somewhere (weve just moved)
and it will give me a chance to turn it out and read it as i havent yet but i am intrieged by this illiad. I have never read anything by homer although my partner has one of his books. Wasnt homer one of the writers mentioned by pandora in anne rices pandora ?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 01:51 PM
rinoa is currently offline Click here to Send rinoa a Private Message Find more posts by rinoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Lewis Carol was a rampant paedophile- but from a time when the word simply meant someone who liked children, as opposed to the word pederast, which is what they used to mean what we now do with paedophile.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 02:15 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

bkk: yeah, it's terrible... SHE'S TERRIBLE!!! the stupidest person i've ever known... sick

GO ALICE!!!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 04:19 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

Harry potter cus i've already read it and i don't want to read during the holidays

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 06:22 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by BarmyBrummie
Harry potter cus i've already read it and i don't want to read during the holidays
okay thanks for your vote..but this for the whole month of january. so I hope it wont disrupt any ones holidays embarrasment

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:02 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by badkittykitty
but I dont think he tried any thing with her did he?*ack* I love that book though...wasnt he trippin on something while writing it?

yup, the caterpillar was based on him - he smoked opium ((early form of heroin))

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 09:12 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Lewis Carol was a rampant paedophile- but from a time when the word simply meant someone who liked children, as opposed to the word pederast, which is what they used to mean what we now do with paedophile.

paderast now means a man who has a particular interest in young boys

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 09:13 PM
cermiestar
kitten

see - he's a paedophile

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 09:55 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

My opinion of Lewis Caroll has dropped considerably in the last few seconds......

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 07:19 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

ppl!! can we please leave this subject? i really like carrol and i don't want to change my opinion about he's books! sick PLEASE!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 08:36 AM