KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » please vote for febuary's book of the month,

please vote for febuary's book of the month
This poll is closed.
Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man by James Joyce 0 0%
great expectations-dickens 1 5.00%
Taggerung-Brian Jacques 2 10.00%
Fyodor Dostoevsky- Crime and Punishment 1 5.00%
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown 2 10.00%
macbeth- Shakespeare 3 15.00%
Aenead - Virgil 2 10.00%
TIMELINE - Crichton 4 20.00%
Brightly Burning by Mercedes Lackey 3 15.00%
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest - Ken Kesey 2 10.00%
Total: 20 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

please vote for febuary's book of the month,
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BadKitty
cockeyed

please vote for febuary's book of the month,

okkies friends..sorry Im a bit late tonight...here is a poll of ten books that we can choose from for febuary's book for our book of the month club
I will leave this up all week..after we all vote, the most popular book wins for that month we start reading in begining of feb till the end with a thread that is soley for discussiong for our chosen book.
also post you comments if you like on the books you have coosen,or have new ideas to proceed with our club.all thoughts are much appreciated

since there were more than 10 nominations I chose everyones first nomination for those who chose more than one. and books that people agreed on.which left me with 9. since I didnt nominate one my self I choose my personal favorite out of the remaining nominations.

thank you everyone for your input please be sure to vote for your book on the poll.

here is what the poll will consist of...

Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man by James Joyce
great expectations-dickens
Taggerung-Brian Jacques
Fyodor Dostoevsky- Crime and Punishment
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
macbeth- Shakespeare
Aenead - Virgil
TIMELINE ==> Crichton
Brightly Burning by Mercedes Lackey

and out of what was left I chose
Ono Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest - Ken Kesey

Last edited by BadKitty on Jan 26th, 2004 at 02:46 AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 02:41 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

i choose Macbeth big grin

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 11:12 AM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Crime and PUnishment. since its my fav from list.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 11:40 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

[chant] GO TIMELINE! GO TIMELINE! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT! [/chant]

So basically we are voting for the favorit book that we already read and hopefully It will win?

I will keep my vote.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 12:40 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
So basically we are voting for the favorit book that we already read and hopefully It will win?

I will keep my vote.
or vote for a book on the list youd be interested in reading next month. if you already read the book you nominated Im suer you'll have plenty to add to the discussion.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 05:01 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

My vote goes to Aenead by Virgil. It would be nice to read some poetry for a change from all those school books I been reading lately.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 05:07 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

If there is a tie, Will you make another thread with only thoes 2 choices? (or hhowmany there are)

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 10:26 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Taggerung. yes

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 04:46 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by Crash Overload
If there is a tie, Will you make another thread with only thoes 2 choices? (or hhowmany there are)
thats a very good questing crash..since this is entirely new to the forum we have to come up with that,we wont have time for another poll..heres what I think we should do in case of a tie..a tie will be broke in alphabetical order...then each month reverse it..in the case of 2 books starting with the same letter it will go to the next letter in the title.
what does people thank about this,any thoughts? like I said I am open to ideas since this is a collaborative club we are tiring to establish
if everyones fine with this idea..it will stand.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 06:19 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I spose you could pick the one thats easier to get hold of... or that you personally prefer... or that someone is really desperate to do...

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 08:39 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

DA VINCI CODE!!!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 10:04 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Do a tie breaker vote.. or pick the one you like better

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 12:13 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

If there is a tie we can always flip a quarter j/k. wink

Okay here is another idea, if there is a tie we could select the winner in a Alphabet way. For example, if the Da Vinci code and the Aenead are tie. Then the Aenead wins since is starts with an A. But since Da Vinci code gets second place then it gets seniority for March book of the month. What do you guys think?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 12:38 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

thats kinda what I was meaning SilverFighter..I like that and putting the left over in the next poll.

see we cant take a vote DR cause this is going to close the beginning of feb. and the book should be chosen by that time.

and I am glad you mentioned availability phoe...since we are working the kinks out of our book club I already found that to be a problem with the Iliad.and when a member nominated a book and said it would cost your liver to read...we dont want that..I am going to add that to the closed thread that all nominations should currently be in print and available in paper back.when I went to buy the Iliad,I went to 3 different book stores and they only carried hard back and all were over 30.00! I like to buy books and all but not for that kind of money.

I would go ahead and make the decision but Id really rather it be something we all can agree on...such as a tie breaking rule.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 05:10 AM
Darth Revan
-

flip a coin to decide the next book of the month, then use the one that didn't land face up for the month afterwards.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 04:20 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

...but how would people believe I did that? embarrasment

Old Post Jan 31st, 2004 02:28 AM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

timeline Is paperback, AND very avalale. I think that when I last saw it (2 - 3 weeks ago I think) It was 10$ Canadian.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2004 06:00 AM
V@LL3jOk!D707

I picked Timeline cuz thats the only one I heard of.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2004 07:01 AM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

Macbeth yes

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 10:18 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

okay in a couple of hours we will have our book..so if any one would like to poll,lets get 'em in wink

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 10:54 PM