KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » The Writer's Outlet

The Writer's Outlet
Started by: BOPRecruit 16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Cool The Writer's Outlet

Hey Everyone,

I finally decided to post a thread where people whom are writers could come together to chat, get to know other writers, and as well as pick up a few tips for their writing style and whatever else they need help with in order to get parts of their story under way. As for the title of this thread, I got it and the idea for it from a blogring at Xanga by the same name. I joined it because I thought it would be nice to get know other writer's, ask questions, and get useful information to plot into my stories. Especially, for my original pieces that are to appear at Fictionpress.com and hopefully one fine day, get them published! Well, enjoy this thread, fellow writer's!

See You Around,

Sodapop Allerdyce (that's my pen name)

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 03:13 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

Hey....I never asked u before...... why sodapop allerdyce??? are u going to publish with that name?

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 09:25 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i choose that pen name ages ago. mostly for when i post stuff at ff.net and fp.com. i got sodapop from this character i liked in the outsiders book and movie by s.e. hinton called "the outsiders". ever heard or read it? as for allerdyce, got that when i was a huge x2 fan and one of my faves were pyro, aka john allerdyce. liked the two characters. suited me and so i put them together. i highly doubt that i'll ever publish under that name. also, if i even tried to, it would'n't fly with the publisher and all. but i'm not sure...what do you think? also, what's your official pen name that you use online and/or off?

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jan 21st, 2005 06:15 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shockimebones

I'm a writer. I'm currently planning a series of novels that will be more successful than even Harry Potter. Give it time, and you'll see...

Old Post Jan 21st, 2005 06:27 PM
shockimebones is currently offline Click here to Send shockimebones a Private Message Find more posts by shockimebones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

shockinmebones: so what's your pen name and what's your story about, if you would like to give people a quick sneak peek like synopsis?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 12:43 AM
The Rover

Pen name, eh?
Uh....Eikinskjaldi!
Thus far I haven't "published" anyhting....but I WILL.....stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 02:33 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
themightythor
Monarch

I am currently planning on writing a book chock full of poetry by yours truly. Mostly Free verse and perhaps a few sonnets here and there.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 02:46 AM
themightythor is currently offline Click here to Send themightythor a Private Message Find more posts by themightythor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

arc trooper 117: what does your pen name mean or is that some random word that you made up? stick out tongue laughing

themightythor: i write poetry as well. but i'm not quite sure if i want to publish a collection of them once i get enough to fill a book. so, what sort of poems do you write, as in dark or happy themes, that sort?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 05:48 AM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Mined is going to be Jade Stone I love that name!So what kind of books does everyone like to write?I like writting faction I am also writting right now about a cult I was once in.
That is going to be nonfaction!JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 12:58 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

I'd probably publish under my own name, I dont want to be an anonymous writer....ya know...... maybe I'll use a combo of initials or something............. I'd have to see.........

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 04:48 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote:
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
arc trooper 117: what does your pen name mean or is that some random word that you made up? stick out tongue laughing

Eikinskjaldi = Old Norse, "of the Oakenshield".
LOL, I'd probably just use my own name too...... wink

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 10:28 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
themightythor
Monarch

quote:
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16

themightythor: i write poetry as well. but i'm not quite sure if i want to publish a collection of them once i get enough to fill a book. so, what sort of poems do you write, as in dark or happy themes, that sort?

For the most part I write dark poetry. I'm not really depressed or anything it just seems easier to write than more light hearted themes.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 01:57 AM
themightythor is currently offline Click here to Send themightythor a Private Message Find more posts by themightythor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Mined is going to be Jade Stone I love that name!So what kind of books does everyone like to write?I like writting faction I am also writting right now about a cult I was once in.
That is going to be nonfaction!JM

Is that your real name and if not, where or how did you come up with it? sounds cool to me as well thumb up do you mean 'fiction' and if not, what's 'faction'? blink a cult?! laughing what sort of cult? *sorry, so many questions! >,< lol*

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 02:04 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

quote:
Originally posted by ~Air Angel~
I'd probably publish under my own name, I dont want to be an anonymous writer....ya know...... maybe I'll use a combo of initials or something............. I'd have to see.........

That's a good thing. As for me, I doubt that I would want to use my real name. I'll try to come up with some cool name that suits me. Also, I don't really like my real name all that much!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 02:05 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

quote:
Originally posted by ARC Trooper 117
Eikinskjaldi = Old Norse, "of the Oakenshield".
LOL, I'd probably just use my own name too...... wink

That's a cool name, Arc, but I don't think you could use that since that phrase is linked with J.R.R. Tolkien material and all. Besides, I think most publishers make people use normal names. Not sure about that, but it would be cool if you could make up any wacky thing you wanted! Like say, username and aim sn's styles and so forth!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 02:07 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

quote:
Originally posted by themightythor
For the most part I write dark poetry. I'm not really depressed or anything it just seems easier to write than more light hearted themes.

i can so totally back you up on that! i can just never think happy thoughts when i write my poetry. darker themes just seeem easier and come more naturally.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 02:09 AM
The Rover

I'd probably use Jean-Claude Renée, a crazy-French name I like. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 02:09 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

quote:
Originally posted by ARC Trooper 117
I'd probably use Jean-Claude Renée, a crazy-French name I like. stick out tongue

Really? I love french names, but...You sure you want to use that one? stick out tongue laughing If you would like to find some more French boy names, there's this great site I know that has the names and what they mean. The site is called "Baby Name World" or something like that...

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 02:13 AM
The Rover

No! Wait! I've got it!:
Muhammed Ackbar eek!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 02:23 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

laughing No, I don't think so...stick out tongue Then again, whatever floats your boat...big grin laughing

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 02:25 AM