KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Tomorrow After the War Began

Tomorrow After the War Began
Started by: Rambo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rambo

Tomorrow After the War Began

Hi, anybody here ever read a book called, "Tomorrow After the War Began"? I forgot who the author was. It was about a group of Australian teens who go camping deep in the forest for a weekend and when they return,they learn that thier country(Australia) has been invaded. And apparently they are the only ones not captured and put into Holding Camps. So they decide not to give up but to fight for thier country by being Gurellas. I thought that this was a good book. I dont really know anybody who has read it. If you have I'd like to hear your comments on the book, and also if you have read any of the sequels?

Jason

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 06:45 AM
Rambo is currently offline Click here to Send Rambo a Private Message Find more posts by Rambo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tomorrow88
Sword Maniac

tomorrow series

yep sure have heard of them! and read all in the series.Have you read them all or just the first? You must read them all! They're by Australia's top teen writer John Marsden. Infact the books are Australia's number 1 books. They are actually planning to make them into movies and are in the process of script writing. They just need some money or somehting. But if it all works out it will be one hell of a movie!!

big grin Happy Dance

Old Post May 1st, 2004 10:28 AM
tomorrow88 is currently offline Click here to Send tomorrow88 a Private Message Find more posts by tomorrow88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rambo

I've read the first 3 books and thought that there were only 3. I really enjoyed the books very much. Recently I went online and found there were more then 3 books in the same series. I need to reread the first 3 again cause its been about 3 years since i read them, and then get the others ones. I think if it was to be made a movie it would be very good if they made it right.

Old Post May 1st, 2004 04:56 PM
Rambo is currently offline Click here to Send Rambo a Private Message Find more posts by Rambo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tomorrow88
Sword Maniac

Yeah I reckon they'd be great if they made them right. I actually know the guy who is writing the script. There are another 4 books in the series and then there's a second series that deals with Ellie still. Not as good as the originals though. Still good though.

I have a very complicated life. Why with loving Ewan Mcgregor by day fighting evil wizards with my pirate wand while trying to hide my ring from everyone by night not to mention fighting a war as a guerilla and you're only a average country teenager. It's hard!

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 10:54 AM
tomorrow88 is currently offline Click here to Send tomorrow88 a Private Message Find more posts by tomorrow88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

oh my god this series is so good
ive only read them once, which was only this year embarrasment
but i know that maybe next year, or the year after, when i forget what happens, ill definently re-read them!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 09:24 AM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unregisteredbob

Question tommorow when the war begin

wat is tommow

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 05:28 AM
Unregisteredbob is currently offline Click here to Send Unregisteredbob a Private Message Find more posts by Unregisteredbob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
teli_tubi

Tongue Re: Tomorrow After the War Began

hell yeh this rocks this book theyve even made a movie no i love em to well i cant really say much more than nice meeting yah and hope ya read the ellie cronicals after you read the tomorrow series its not as good as tomorrow but its kewl Happy Dance well thats it see a some other time mate i gotta have a nother smokin' it really makes me feel so no not like that you like

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 11:58 AM
teli_tubi is currently offline Click here to Send teli_tubi a Private Message Find more posts by teli_tubi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cid

I'm reading book number three now. It's an awesome series.
P.S It's called Tomorrow WHEN the War Began

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 07:35 AM
Cid is currently offline Click here to Send Cid a Private Message Find more posts by Cid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

Thank you, at least someone knew the name of the book and the author and spelt it propaly.

Tomorrow, when the war began. By John Marsden

I have just finished the first book and starting on the second one. Its a great series and I totally loved the first book and can't wait to get further on the second book!!

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 06:05 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cid

wouldn't it be cool if they made it into a movie.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 10:05 AM
Cid is currently offline Click here to Send Cid a Private Message Find more posts by Cid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

i thought that, but i dont know, i think it wouldnt work, because more than half the book she is writing down her thoughts and feelings, they would act that out....it woudlnt work

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 03:07 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cid

never thought of that.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 10:07 AM
spidergrl
Living

ok. I just finished the 2nd book, it wasnt as good as the first....and HEAPS of graphic writing in there confused

And I cant believe:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: And Chris Dies, I cant believe that. Stupid drunken alcholic

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 08:44 PM
Cid

I'm about halfway through the third and it's just getting interesting now.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 04:26 AM
spidergrl
Living

o0o0o0 im about 1/4 through the 3rd. where are you up to?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: they just got kevin back!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 05:52 AM
Cid

blowing up the ship

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 08:28 AM
spidergrl
Living

yea im about just before that. They are about to get in the back of the truck to go into the ship

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 08:41 AM
Cid

just started on book #4. i thought that the end of #3 was slightly rushed.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 07:35 AM
spidergrl
Living

Yea I know what you mean, and im hating the beginning of the books, they seem so boring and just like come on...

book 4 is good, i liked that one very much. im up to book 5 now, half way through it, man this one is excellent when you get into it, i can hardly stop reading it

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 07:48 AM
Cid

most people said that book 5 was shite and boring.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 08:46 AM