KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Good books

Good books
Started by: Cosmic_Beings

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cosmic_Beings
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good books

I am going to the bookstore today. What are some good books that you suggest I should consider?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 06:52 PM
Cosmic_Beings is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic_Beings a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic_Beings Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 06:54 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Of Evil
Definitely Maybe

Book section. erm

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:22 PM
Time Of Evil is currently offline Click here to Send Time Of Evil a Private Message Find more posts by Time Of Evil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

Well in my experience as an accomplished reader good books are generally the ones that have lots of words in, and really good books have pictures too! wink

But just watch out for those telephone books - lots or characters but the plots always a bit thin! confused

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:27 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

quote:
Originally posted by Baylin
Well in my experience as an accomplished reader good books are generally the ones that have lots of words in, and really good books have pictures too! wink

You're talking about playboy or the really good one the Karma sutra, aren;t you?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:29 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

quote:
Originally posted by Corran
You're talking about playboy or the really good one the Karma sutra, aren;t you?
i thoguht is is kamasutra, not kaRma sutra confused

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:30 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Catcher in the Rye is always good, i like some of Prachett's work, and well, if you are up for a challenge then some Shakespeare's work is quite good, some of his stuff is pretty funny if you can work it out

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:30 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

quote:

Hahahahahah

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:31 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

quote:

yes

Now can I have it back please, with out the pages stuck together this time! mad

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:32 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Of Evil
Definitely Maybe

I've just read Macbeth and it was sh!te!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:34 PM
Time Of Evil is currently offline Click here to Send Time Of Evil a Private Message Find more posts by Time Of Evil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

yeah but merchant of venice is good

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:35 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

[moving to books]

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:42 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taft
that guy

Introduction to Unix is a good one .......... jk

Sig by Barker. He takes requests!!!! PM HIM Tell him I sent you.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:47 PM
taft is currently offline Click here to Send taft a Private Message Find more posts by taft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i cant recommend it enough...high-rise by JG Ballard...its short...easy to read...totally mad...and brilliantly written...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:54 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Steven Erikson stuff, if you're into fantasy. Shakespeare, if you're up for the language.

Some thriller if no. Alastair MacLean is pretty good.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 10:18 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krillinite

quote:
Originally posted by Spooony
Catcher in the Rye is always good, i like some of Prachett's work, and well, if you are up for a challenge then some Shakespeare's work is quite good, some of his stuff is pretty funny if you can work it out

i hated catcher in the rye... that book is soo decieving... i thought it was a book about baseball, it ended up being about some nut

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 11:04 PM
krillinite is currently offline Click here to Send krillinite a Private Message Find more posts by krillinite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

It was a pretty good book...

How did you think it was about baseball?!

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 11:32 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reckoning

Pick up any title by William Faulkner; that is, if you're up to the task of reading his work.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 05:22 AM
Reckoning is currently offline Click here to Send Reckoning a Private Message Find more posts by Reckoning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

There is alot of books I can name.There is "Brave New World" "Of mice or man" and "1984" and "Girl Interupted" all great books!JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 10:38 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Labyrinth of Evil,
by James Luceno - if you like Star Wars

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 11:47 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote