KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Harry Potter questions wanted !

Harry Potter questions wanted !
Started by: ultimasummer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ultimasummer
Raven Worshiper

Warning Harry Potter questions wanted !

Not wanting to sound vain or anything but between waiting for the other books to come out i've re-read the books. during this time i have built up a knowledge of whats in the books and have asked my friends to test me, but alas, i have not been beaten yet !

I wish for someone to throw a question at me which will entirely stump me ! if you do post up a question however, i wish for it to be in books 1 -5. these are Philosphers stone, chamber of secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix.

Ultimasummer

P.S the score in the quidditch world cup is 160 to bulgaria and 170 to ireland.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 05:24 PM
ultimasummer is currently offline Click here to Send ultimasummer a Private Message Find more posts by ultimasummer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Now of course, how do we know you aren't cheating and looking this stuff up then posting?

And for my first question... Who is the Great Humberto?

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 03:19 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Angus

You stupid Brit, or wherever you live thats not The United States, where you have stupid book titles. The Sorcerers Stone is so much better than the Philosophers Stone.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 03:53 AM
King Angus is currently offline Click here to Send King Angus a Private Message Find more posts by King Angus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Misc_Rose
Life Is One Big Movie

I hate to say this but JK Rowling is British! Our titles are the original titles, they were changed to suit the United States. Im assuming, that in the US versions it says things like sweaters instead of jumpers and stuff like that. They were changed to suit the US. Take it up with JK!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 10:19 PM
Misc_Rose is currently offline Click here to Send Misc_Rose a Private Message Find more posts by Misc_Rose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I was actually kinda mad about all the changes... Original text is always better, regardless of little cultural differences. (I DO live in America, btw) And no one knows the answer to my amazing question...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:37 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Angus
You stupid Brit, or wherever you live thats not The United States, where you have stupid book titles. The Sorcerers Stone is so much better than the Philosophers Stone.

Why do you think the Sorceror's Stone a better title than the Philosopher's Stone? There are many legends concerning the Philosopher's Stone - I have yet to hear one about the Sorceror's Stone. I also see no evidence why the British are stupid because the Americans changed the title of a book. I suggest perhaps you consider your words before you post them, to avoid offending people.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 01:54 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Britannia

Originally posted by King Angus

People like you exceed all expectations in blinding ignorace and arrogance. As Misc_Rose said, JK Rowling is a Great British author, thus she decides the original titles.. the PROPER titles.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 09:45 PM
Britannia is currently offline Click here to Send Britannia a Private Message Find more posts by Britannia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Please don't judge Amerika by that guy... or Bush... Britain's awesome. Without Britain, there would be no good music. Or accents. Or America. And no Whirly. Can you people imagine a world without Whirly?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 03:48 AM
Britannia

Originally posted by Dizzle
Please don't judge Amerika by that guy... or Bush... Britain's awesome. Without Britain, there would be no good music. Or accents. Or America. And no Whirly. Can you people imagine a world without Whirly?

What on earth is Whirly?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 11:51 AM
Britannia is currently offline Click here to Send Britannia a Private Message Find more posts by Britannia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bamboopanda
The Forsaken

Originally posted by Britannia
What on earth is Whirly?

don't know...

Happy Halloween

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 04:09 AM
bamboopanda is currently offline Click here to Send bamboopanda a Private Message Find more posts by bamboopanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Haha, he's a thoroughly British member here on KMC. He's been here in the books forum a few times, but I've mostly experienced his greatness on the comic book vs. forum...

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 05:36 PM
bamboopanda
The Forsaken

oh...ok...

Happy Halloween

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 06:06 PM
bamboopanda is currently offline Click here to Send bamboopanda a Private Message Find more posts by bamboopanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ultimasummer
Raven Worshiper

a whirly......i think its like a swirly....not sure and there is no great humberto

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 03:37 PM
ultimasummer is currently offline Click here to Send ultimasummer a Private Message Find more posts by ultimasummer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I already explained who Whirly is...

Wrong. The Great Humberto is Dudley's favorite TV personality in the Philosopher/Sorceror's Stone. It's when the Dursleys are running from the "mysterious letters"... Dudley complains that he is missing his favorite TV show, the Great Humberto. I think I win, obscure characters rock.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 03:56 AM
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Exept I knew that the moment I read that question.....Didn't look into this thread untill 2 Mins ago...

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 04:02 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ultimasummer
Raven Worshiper

ok i'm beat ! fine ! i accept defeat ! plz post up more questions so that you can laugh at me when i fall................. sad
by the way my pics are of raven from the teen titans, my favorite character.
laughing Happy Dance What the f**k? Happy Dance laughing

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 05:42 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by Barker
Exept I knew that the moment I read that question.....Didn't look into this thread untill 2 Mins ago...

Well done sir...

What is the main ingredient in Fizzing Whizbees?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 02:07 AM