KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Everworld

Everworld
Started by: Pope Mobile GXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pope Mobile GXX

Everworld

I've read the whole everworld series and I have to say it is awsome. The book came from K.A. Applegate the creator of animorfs(personally I don't like those books at all), the story is about a group of teenagers who somehow get sent to a world where all of the gods of myth have went in refuge. This world was crerated by the gods to their liking so that they didn't have to deal with the rules of the real world. their are all types of gods i control of different teritories(greek aztek[very bloody god], egyption, norse, and so on). What the group have to figure out is how to make it back home without dying while dealing with the truoble of a alchohol adicting guy and a guy who has fallen for a spell by a witch that came with them from the real world. It may sound a little bit stupid but it is one of the best series I've ever read(the series is mad up of an amazing 14 books). The books are small but I think you would all enjoy it

It is rated TEEN for some sexuel related themes, alchohol, and blood/gore (makes it even mre interesting)

You should read it, any local library should have it

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 01:09 AM
Pope Mobile GXX is currently offline Find more posts by Pope Mobile GXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pope Mobile GXX

Just what I was expecting not anyone has read this series, well you just have to, though the books are short she has 14 in the series. just read them they are very captivating.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 04:05 AM
Pope Mobile GXX is currently offline Find more posts by Pope Mobile GXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pope Mobile GXX

Sry somehow I double posted

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 04:05 AM
Shogun DXPSI

yea i've only read the first two books but it seems like a great series

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 05:27 AM
Shogun DXPSI is currently offline Click here to Send Shogun DXPSI a Private Message Find more posts by Shogun DXPSI Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pope Mobile GXX

Ya and it only gets better, the sad part is that it has a bad ending.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 11:34 PM
Shogun DXPSI

lol that's the worst, i hate bad ending just kills the whole mood, but i love the concept

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 03:26 AM
Shogun DXPSI is currently offline Click here to Send Shogun DXPSI a Private Message Find more posts by Shogun DXPSI Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pope Mobile GXX

Come on people, only one answer. This is a great series and your definitly missing out.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2006 01:16 PM
Movie_Geek_
Fighter

I am reading it right now but I am not that far in. I got the first two books together in one.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2006 03:43 PM
Movie_Geek_ is currently offline Click here to Send Movie_Geek_ a Private Message Find more posts by Movie_Geek_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pope Mobile GXX

The only problem with the begining is because it's a bit confusing, with the dream thing. You'll find out later but it will make sense eventuelly.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2006 11:47 PM
Movie_Geek_
Fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pope Mobile GXX
The only problem with the begining is because it's a bit confusing, with the dream thing. You'll find out later but it will make sense eventuelly.

Good b/c I stopped reading it for awhile for that exact reason and I had a hard time picturing what was happening.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 02:15 AM
Movie_Geek_ is currently offline Click here to Send Movie_Geek_ a Private Message Find more posts by Movie_Geek_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pope Mobile GXX

Ya sorry I haven't replied in a while. Well it should make sense after you have finished through that part, nothing else should be confusing.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2006 03:29 AM
Pope Mobile GXX

Ok, I'm pullig this off of the dust shelf and trying to promote more readers, this is a great series and once you understand their dreams you just can't stop reading them.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 01:46 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

This is a really good series...and if your interested in mythology a good entertainer of sorts big grin

Though the ending sucks...and then she went on to make remnants...which is much more confusing if you ask me, and deffinetly not as interesting erm

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Jul 10th, 2006 at 02:51 AM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 02:49 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 09:11 PM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amit gillen

Originally posted by Azure
I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)

hmm im not going to flame this guy, but i hope he stops back, because YOU LEFT TOO MUCH UNSAID! what era will it be in? will it be based on the books, or it;s own entity, WHEN in 07, where can i get info, are you jerkin my leg, ect.........

ahem. sorry, first post. anyway

im slightly confused. i was fairly certain that there are 12 everworld books....in fact, i just finished rereading volume XII entertain the end. also, i really enjoyed the remnants series and am still trying to find a place to buy it...

i was a little angry about the ending as well, not because it was sad, simply because it did not end. they were on the brink of the greatest war everworld had ever seen, finally starting to unite the gods. they had yet to contact the coo hatch or the archers they would hire, and thus had no hope of ever blasting away at ka anors happy fortress of death! also, what happenned to brigid? and looking for the great scroll thingee? the "software?" they seemed to forget about that immediately. also, the marriage between king baldwin and whatserface.......i suppose the reason im mad is that i cant get enough....i also cant help myself from feeling that all of the loose ends could be tied up in one highly entertaining "oblivion" style video game......

....fun rant, no?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:01 AM
amit gillen is currently offline Click here to Send amit gillen a Private Message Find more posts by amit gillen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

I just finished reading the first one and i really liked it so i cant wait to see if my library has the second. happy

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 03:55 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

Now Im reading the second happy

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 03:07 AM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

third

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 03:13 PM
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

Originally posted by amit gillen
hmm im not going to flame this guy, but i hope he stops back, because YOU LEFT TOO MUCH UNSAID! what era will it be in? will it be based on the books, or it;s own entity, WHEN in 07, where can i get info, are you jerkin my leg, ect.........

No, there's really going to be a DragonLance movie!Happy Dance I am unsure of the date, but I know it's going to have Keifer Sutherland as Raistlin and, I forget her name, but the lady from Xena is going to be in it too.
Yeah... I'm great with details... cool
It's going to be the first book, Dragons of Autumn Twilight, and it will be animated.

Back on topic... I loved the Everworld series, but found the end lacking closure. I wanted to know what happened on Mount Olympus, and even a little bit about what happened on earth after the kids disappeared. In general, they were a great series, and I hope, (but highly doubt) that K. A. Applegate writes more of them.

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Last edited by R.F. on Sep 12th, 2006 at 05:07 AM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 04:52 AM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

Im readin the fourth one now

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 08:57 PM