KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » The sabriel trilogy! The best series since Tolkien!

The sabriel trilogy! The best series since Tolkien!
Started by: Knightfall93

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kovacs86

The sabriel trilogy! The best series since Tolkien!

Has anyone read these books nd/or wants to discuss them? personally, I think they are the bestseries since Tolkien!

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2006 01:40 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Lol, they're good, but best series since tolkien? You need to read more stuff...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 01:50 AM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digital Angel
Give me my sin again

is that sabriel/abhorsen etc? by garth nix?
yeh they are really good
but NEVER compare them to tolkein!!!! :O

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 10:34 AM
Digital Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Digital Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Digital Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yumcarrots1987
Witch of the West

i've read them. love garth nix books

No good deed goes unpunished

Old Post May 6th, 2006 11:31 AM
yumcarrots1987 is currently offline Click here to Send yumcarrots1987 a Private Message Find more posts by yumcarrots1987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEVER COMPARE ANYTHING TO TOLKIEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like Garth Nix and all, but in my pressence, NEVER compare him to John Ronald Reuel Tolkien!!!!!!!!
I've never read the series, but I have read the Keys to the Kingdom...

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 04:18 AM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icicle
Wild Mage

I'v never read them, who's the author? what's the series about?
I doubt it's as good as Tolkin, i'v never read anything that even comes close, and i'v read alot

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 04:42 AM
Icicle is currently offline Click here to Send Icicle a Private Message Find more posts by Icicle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laviera_j
Kadehadaire_Mage_:)

Its about necromancy essentially, a good read. Lirael wasn't as good as Sabriel or Abhorsen, but they were good.

See if you can get Sabriel on tape read by Tim Curry, its brillant!

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

All at the KMC tig! BOPrecruit16,Raven Guardia, charmaine,Exa, Tela,Nabokonir, cheekymunkey,airangel,tassie,ADSkinner,airangel429
,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 02:52 PM
Laviera_j is currently offline Click here to Send Laviera_j a Private Message Find more posts by Laviera_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Weeping Fairy

Re: The sabriel trilogy! The best series since Tolkien!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HellMaster93
Has anyone read these books nd/or wants to discuss them? personally, I think they are the bestseries since Tolkien!

they are soo awesome! eek! i hope they make them n2 a movie soon, i thought sbariel was better than lireal and abhorsen, though abhorsen was better then lireal, and the book across the wall is pretty good too, a nice light read, but definatly not better than the other books. However i can't say that they are better than tolkien, because i have never read his books, though i hope to soon. big grin big grin big grin

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 09:44 PM
Weeping Fairy is currently offline Click here to Send Weeping Fairy a Private Message Find more posts by Weeping Fairy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 09:08 PM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spudlet

yup read them all thought they wer class really they wud b great films sabriel......just finished shades children did anyone read that i loved it stick out tongue eek!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2006 07:01 PM
spudlet is currently offline Click here to Send spudlet a Private Message Find more posts by spudlet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

I've only read the first book so far.

It was BRILLIANT! One of the best books I've ever read.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 03:55 PM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I've just finished reading Sabriel and am starting Lirael. Sabriel was very enjoyable but it wasn't as 'empassioned' as I was expecting. I suppose it might be my age and general tastes. Overall it's good though, I'd definitely recommend it.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 04:00 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supreme being
Astet controller

Re: The sabriel trilogy! The best series since Tolkien!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Doc Potato

laughing You obviously havent read such titles as the wheel of time, Malazan empire, and George rr martins series.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 10:18 PM
Supreme being is currently offline Click here to Send Supreme being a Private Message Find more posts by Supreme being Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote