KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » twilight series

twilight series
Started by: crazychic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
crazychic

twilight series

who else loves them???? im re-reading new moon again right now lol

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 03:35 AM
crazychic is currently offline Click here to Send crazychic a Private Message Find more posts by crazychic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

lol

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 03:41 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazychic

what can i say? there good books

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 03:42 AM
crazychic is currently offline Click here to Send crazychic a Private Message Find more posts by crazychic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

My sister loves Twilight...

I'm not really a fan... Too much romance...

Lost Boys is a much better vampire story, imo (it has everything: action, drama, a hint of romance, 80s style, etc.) but this isn't the movies section, so...

Yeah, not really a fan, but I can respect it as a piece of literature...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 05:15 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazychic

lol i can see why ur sis likes it its kinda a grl series and im ganna have to check out lost boys thanx for the tip
at least you have the decency to respect it and not trash talk which i greatly commend you for so thanx

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 05:33 AM
batmanfan136

Ive been reading the book recently and i liked but i didn't realize it was a girly book intill i brought it to school and all my friends were giving me crap about and all the people who were reading it were girls but i think its a pretty good vampire book

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 01:07 AM
batmanfan136 is currently offline Click here to Send batmanfan136 a Private Message Find more posts by batmanfan136 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I've just started to read these. Very good, very entertaining

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 10:59 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazychic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batmanfan136
Ive been reading the book recently and i liked but i didn't realize it was a girly book intill i brought it to school and all my friends were giving me crap about and all the people who were reading it were girls but i think its a pretty good vampire book

i knowa lot of guys who read them its awesome!!! just got breaking dawn cant put it down lol

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 04:58 AM
crazychic

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I've just started to read these. Very good, very entertaining

i think so.... big grin

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 04:59 AM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by batmanfan136

All I know is that guys at my school tend to say "Yeah, I LOVE Twilight" just to get dates with girls, while I have to rely on being myself, which is quickly becoming obsolete embarrasment

I remember when my sister was reading it, I read the back cover and it was something along the lines of this:

"I now know 3 things: 1. Edward's a vampire, 2. He's gonna want to suck my blood, and 3. I'm in love with him", and THAT'S when I said "Ok, this book isn't for me"...

It's not that it's a bad book, it's well written, it's because it has too much romance in it for me (I don't care about anyone else's romance but my own, tbh, I'll be very romantic with whoever ends up as my girlfriend, but I don't care what Edward or whoever else does with their girl)

Again, I'm not bashing it, so nobody jump the gun and start flaming me, ok?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 05:24 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I got about a quarter through the first book before I wasn't unable to force myself to read anymore. One of the most poorly written books I have ever written, it felt like something written by a 14 year old for a creative writing class.

Which is not a good thing.

I suppose if you're a 15 year old girl obsessed with high school relationships then it's okay, but I can't see how anyone else can like such drivel.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 06:07 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i really like the series. its a funny and cool read if youre just plain bored

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 05:38 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

Originally posted by Peach
I got about a quarter through the first book before I wasn't unable to force myself to read anymore. One of the most poorly written books I have ever written, it felt like something written by a 14 year old for a creative writing class.

Which is not a good thing.

I suppose if you're a 15 year old girl obsessed with high school relationships then it's okay, but I can't see how anyone else can like such drivel.

''... I wasn't unable to force...''
''...most poorly written books i have ever written...''

OK, who exactly has bad writing skills, Stephanie Meyer or you? confused

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 11:17 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Bwa Ha Ha
''... I wasn't unable to force...''
''...most poorly written books i have ever written...''

OK, who exactly has bad writing skills, Stephanie Meyer or you? confused

Okay, so I made two errors. I don't claim to be an author stick out tongue

(my mind and fingers don't tend to go at the same speed so I have a tendency to mix things up on accident. I can't believe I didn't catch those, I usually do...)

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 11:33 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

I attempted to read some of the first book. It seemed similar to fanfiction.

Edit: Although, I didn't get very far in the book. Perhaps it picks up later.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 12:33 AM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrincessNk
.Confused.

I read Twilight;then skipped over New Moon and Eclipse{because The library still has them in hold}. I just finished reading Breaking Dawn!! =]

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 03:29 AM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Walker.I

I read the first one, I loved it, the other two I didn't care for so much. I just decided to skip Breaking Dawn, and that's not a fandom I really want to be apart of anyway.

I knew you wouldn't give up. . .

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 01:54 AM
Walker.I is currently offline Click here to Send Walker.I a Private Message Find more posts by Walker.I Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

yeah, it's kinda like fanfiction, which is why i dont get people saying they read the last one and it was too much like fanfiction.... they all are!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 07:06 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Akito

The Twilight series is great. I just finished Breaking dawn. I cant wait to see the movie.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 07:22 PM
Akito is currently offline Click here to Send Akito a Private Message Find more posts by Akito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

im not watching the movie till i know its good, u no how they ruin books sometimes........

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 02:02 AM