KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Realistic novel ?

Realistic novel ?
Started by: mylover220

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mylover220

Realistic novel ?

Is there any Realistic novel ? I found most books are about sex, funny, exaggerat, mouder, and money. I found there seemed no any realistic novels in the world. It seems no one care about the common people.

add, maybe the writer do not know how to write common people or they think there is no story on the common people.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 06:43 PM
mylover220 is currently offline Click here to Send mylover220 a Private Message Find more posts by mylover220 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mylover220
Is there any Realistic novel ? I found most books are about sex, funny, exaggerat, mouder, and money. I found there seemed no any realistic novels in the world. It seems no one care about the common people.

add, maybe the writer do not know how to write common people or they think there is no story on the common people.
Most people's lives are incredibly boring, why would you want to write (or read for that matter) about them?

There are realistic or relatable novels though...one I read recently which was quite great is a German novel called "Herr Lehman", I don't know how the translation of it turned out, but if it's anything like the original it's very worth checking out.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 06:56 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keith Talent
-

Sure!

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Go Tell It on the Mountain by James Baldwin

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 07:14 AM
Keith Talent is currently offline Click here to Send Keith Talent a Private Message Find more posts by Keith Talent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

What about maybe The Grapes of Wrath or Buddenbrooks or Oliver Twist or something?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 07:26 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote