KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Lucky That Way

Lucky That Way
Started by: nbrack88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nbrack88

Lucky That Way

I picked up another Brad Fregger title to read, this time a complete different topic, his thoughts on global crisis. In his book “My Thinking Cap-Solutions For Global Crisis” Brad discusses and posits solutions for the energy crisis, the immigration crisis, eases concerns for the climate change and explores a variety of other topics like our future in space, intelligent design, effective leadership, and ethics in business. I don't often read titles dealing with politics and various issues in society, but I was intrigued to find out more after discovering he was involved in a field called futuristics. Before I read too far, I felt it best to figure out why I should consider his ideas as thought worthy and found some background:

So who is Brad Fregger and why does he think he has such great ideas? Brad holds a Master’s Degree in Futuristics, a field dedicated to analyzing current conditions and making predictions for future developments. Brad brings 45 years of experience in retailing, corporate training, publishing, and software development to back his discussions of effective leaders and revolutionizing the business environment. Brad also is an international speaker in Europe, the Middle East, and Canada; when Brad speaks, people listen.

The best feature about this book, as with his others, is the conversational tone he uses to discuss the issues at hand. He does not sensationalize the issues to promote fear in the reader, nor does he press his beliefs as the only truth. His goal is to present a theory in hopes of spurring action, for he knows that no action will result in an environment far more difficult for future generations. He discusses a movement towards the electric car to reduce pollution emitted from our vehicles, and also does a fine job at de-sensationalizing the fears about climate change. As mentioned previously, there are a vast number of topics he presents, all pressing in our culture today.

A great read, and a definite item to read if you think about these issues around you today.

“The future of our society is dependent on our hopes, expectations, and images of it….We can increase the possibility of a more positive future by developing and nurturing positive visions and images of it.”
--Brad Fregger

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 12:32 AM
nbrack88 is currently offline Click here to Send nbrack88 a Private Message Find more posts by nbrack88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote