KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Which author?

Which author?
Started by: maham

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
maham

Which author?

Which author's books occupy your racks the most?

On my racks there are more Agatha Christie than any other.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 07:58 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

I have more Richard Laymon books than any other author I like although David Gemmell and John Grisham aren't far behind. I don't generally keep every book I get nowadays, mostly just my core nucleus of favourite writers or books that have had an effect on me.

I move a lot of them on to charity shops after reading and am sort of a conduit moving discarded library books on to charity shops.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 12:00 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

Funny thing is I'm not exactly a fan of the author I have the most books of. I do like the books and Agatha Christie but the only reason for my buying more books by her is probably that they're cheap and short and not explicit, something I'm always sure of.I wish I had more classics on my shelf.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 01:35 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flameback
Pathology

Edgar Rice Burroughs would be the most with Chuck Palahniuk and Mike Resnick running a close second. Several others not too far behind those either.

"I ain't no fraggin' hero. I'm th' main man. I booze.
I womanize. I swear. An' I beat th' living crap outta
anybody I fraggin' feel like."
- Lobo

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 06:05 PM
Flameback is currently offline Click here to Send Flameback a Private Message Find more posts by Flameback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

I love sci-fi and fantasy. Stephen King, Timothy Zahn, Kevin J Anderson and George R.R Martin take up a big chunk. Im also a big fan of R.A Salvatore, and Drew Karpyshyn.

Old Post May 1st, 2012 10:13 AM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raptor22
I love sci-fi and fantasy. Stephen King, Timothy Zahn, Kevin J Anderson and George R.R Martin take up a big chunk. Im also a big fan of R.A Salvatore, and Drew Karpyshyn.

I like sci-fis too but I've only read medical thrillers by Robin Cook. Would love to read and have some Stephen King. Could you please suggest a few of his best?

Old Post May 5th, 2012 12:04 PM
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by maham
I like sci-fis too but I've only read medical thrillers by Robin Cook. Would love to read and have some Stephen King. Could you please suggest a few of his best?

Robin Cook is an excellent writer and I'm a big fan too (have two to read in the house); if you like medical thrillers especially then you should try Ken McClure who is just as good.

As for Stephen King, out of the ones I have read I would say 'The Stand', 'Desperation' and 'Cujo' stood out for me. I have read some others but I'm not sure I remember them as well.

Old Post May 5th, 2012 08:15 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by maham
Salem's Lot, The Stand, Fire Starter, Cycle of the Werewolf, It, Eyes of the Dragon, Needful Things, and Different Seasons are my favorites. My absolute favorite King novels are the Dark Tower series. It's amazing. It's a story told over about 7 books that King has been working on his entire career. The main character is Roland, he's my favorite character in any genre or medium. I won't even try to described him because I could not do justice to his incredible badassness. I would suggested reading The Dark Tower books last since he crosses over and uses characters and objects from most of his other novels. Different Seasons is great too. It's made up of 4 short stories. 3 of which were made into excellent movies - The Shawshank Redemption, Apt Pupil and Stand By Me.

Old Post May 11th, 2012 05:06 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
damsel-distress

I love books of Nicholas Sparks, the father of many beautiful love stories.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 09:31 AM
damsel-distress is currently offline Click here to Send damsel-distress a Private Message Find more posts by damsel-distress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

Originally posted by Raptor22
Salem's Lot, The Stand, Fire Starter, Cycle of the Werewolf, It, Eyes of the Dragon, Needful Things, and Different Seasons are my favorites. My absolute favorite King novels are the Dark Tower series. It's amazing. It's a story told over about 7 books that King has been working on his entire career. The main character is Roland, he's my favorite character in any genre or medium. I won't even try to described him because I could not do justice to his incredible badassness. I would suggested reading The Dark Tower books last since he crosses over and uses characters and objects from most of his other novels. Different Seasons is great too. It's made up of 4 short stories. 3 of which were made into excellent movies - The Shawshank Redemption, Apt Pupil and Stand By Me.
Hey! Thanks bud! big grin

Originally posted by damsel-distress
I've just realized how many of his books have been made into films.

Old Post May 20th, 2012 04:10 PM
maham

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Robin Cook is an excellent writer and I'm a big fan too (have two to read in the house); if you like medical thrillers especially then you should try Ken McClure who is just as good.

As for Stephen King, out of the ones I have read I would say 'The Stand', 'Desperation' and 'Cujo' stood out for me. I have read some others but I'm not sure I remember them as well.

Thanks

Old Post Jun 4th, 2012 03:55 PM
Jim Colyer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Greatest author of all time? Shakespeare!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2012 05:03 PM
Jim Colyer is currently offline Click here to Send Jim Colyer a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Colyer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Gabriel Garcia-Marquez and Jim Butcher

Originally posted by Jim Colyer
Greatest author of all time? Shakespeare!

The question isn't who the greatest author is. It's which author has the most space on your bookshelves.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2012 05:29 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daisy Roberts
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by damsel-distress

His books almost constantly cause my tears((too emotional)

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 08:54 AM
Daisy Roberts is currently offline Click here to Send Daisy Roberts a Private Message Find more posts by Daisy Roberts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Omega Vision
The question isn't who the greatest author is. It's which author has the most space on your bookshelves.

So technically the one with the fattest books?

He obviously wasn't talking about the greatest author of all time anyways, since he gave such an odd ball of an answer.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 01:48 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Robert Ludlum, Robert Jordan, and then a smattering of things from Robin Cook, Jeffery Deaver, and many others.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 10:52 PM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lone Gunman

Piers Anthony
Robert Heinlein
Clive Cussler

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 04:42 PM
Lone Gunman is currently offline Click here to Send Lone Gunman a Private Message Find more posts by Lone Gunman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

Christopher Priest
Neil Gaiman
Steven Erikson
Charles Dickens

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 12:36 PM
GM_Nebaris is currently offline Click here to Send GM_Nebaris a Private Message Find more posts by GM_Nebaris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Based on the fact that I have just about every book ever published by the following authors and they wrote quite a lot of books, I would say:

Louis L'Amour
Robert B Parker
Terry Pratchett
Neal Asher
Jim Butcher
David Gemmell

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 09:15 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Balgoritin8
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dont know)

Old Post Mar 7th, 2024 05:20 PM
Balgoritin8 is currently offline Click here to Send Balgoritin8 a Private Message Find more posts by Balgoritin8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote