KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Pablo Picasso

Pablo Picasso
Started by: WindDancer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Pablo Picasso

This is my third thread dedicated to another great artist of the 20th century. I've posted works of art from Surrelism and Pop art. Now is time for Cubism. Just a quick intro Cubism:

Cubism was developed between about 1908 and 1912 in a collaboration between Pablo Picasso and Georges Braque. Their immediate influences are said to be Tribal Art (although Braque later disputed this) and the work of Paul Cezanne. The movement itself was not long-lived or widespread, but it began an immense creative explosion which resonated through all of 20th century art.

The key concept of Cubism is that the essence of objects can only be captured by showing it from multiple points of view simultaneously.

Cubism had run its course by the end of World War I, but among the movements directly influenced by it were Orphism, Purism, Precisionism, Futurism, Constructivism, and, to some degree, Expressionism.

So, I will posting mostly art by Picasso. Enjoy! smile

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Apr 22nd, 2004 at 09:27 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 09:25 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 09:27 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 09:29 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 09:32 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 09:33 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

My last one for now:

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 09:34 PM
Kaleanae

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 01:12 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 01:12 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

I love the way he used colors stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 01:13 AM
Kaleanae

This one is my favorite, even though is in white and black messed (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 01:14 AM
lil bitchiness
-

I was never into Picasso. It was his style that just wasnt my thing.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 12:44 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

sad

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 11:35 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Picasso is great, dont get me wrong, hes just not my fave! smile

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 12:11 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 03:46 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 03:46 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 03:48 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 03:49 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Here is a good example of Cubism. Notice how he expresses human feelings and facial features in this piece:

Great combiniation big grin

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Apr 30th, 2004 at 03:53 PM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 03:51 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Here is a picture of Picasso:

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 03:52 PM