KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Cosplay

Cosplay
Started by: Lana

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

Cosplay

So...I can't be the only cosplayer on KMC...who else here cosplays?

Cosplay, in case you don't know, is short for costume play. Basically, it's making and wearing costumes of characters from anime, movies, TV shows, video games, books, etc. I've been doing it for almost a year now, and have completed about 6 costumes (both for myself and others), and I wear them to anime conventions. One of the costumes I made (I did it for my sister, PadfootsPyrefly) won an award recently big grin

Oh, and if anyone reads the magazine Animerica, there's a picture of me and PadfootsPyrefly in there...laughing out loud

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 08:20 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

I would really really, really like to take part in those activities but I know how erm

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 10:29 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

You mean you *don't* know how? blink

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 01:52 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

quote:
Originally posted by JKozzy
You mean you *don't* know how? blink
Yes I DON'T know how
I forgot the Don't and It was too late to edit my post embarrasment

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 01:58 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Re: Cosplay

quote:
Originally posted by Trinity_Matrix
So...I can't be the only cosplayer on KMC...who else here cosplays?

Cosplay, in case you don't know, is short for costume play. Basically, it's making and wearing costumes of characters from anime, movies, TV shows, video games, books, etc. I've been doing it for almost a year now, and have completed about 6 costumes (both for myself and others), and I wear them to anime conventions. One of the costumes I made (I did it for my sister, PadfootsPyrefly) won an award recently big grin

Oh, and if anyone reads the magazine Animerica, there's a picture of me and PadfootsPyrefly in there...laughing out loud

That sounds interesting! thumb up

Ive never been into the costume plays or dressing up as people...just not my thing...i think some are cool though.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 02:00 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Heh, it's so much fun...I got so nervous the first time I cosplayed, because I felt so stupid wearing a costume out in public when it wasn't Halloween...but once I got the con and was recognized (I was Lenne from Final Fantasy X-2), it was great. I loved it (so much in fact that I redid the costume and have worn it a ton of times).

But, it's one of those things that you kinda need patience for...sewing isn't easy, and making costumes isn't either. Most costumes you have to either try to alter or make a pattern for, or (as I usually do) just completely wing it.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 02:09 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Wow...sounds like a lot of work too!

But i guess if you like it, its all good, and you have the patience to do it.

I never could see myself doing it thogh...being one of the anime characters or SW or LOTR...I dont think i could do it...maybe ive never tried it though.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 02:12 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I never would have thought that I'd cosplay...see, in real life I'm really shy...but when I cosplay, it's like I'm suddenly the center of attention. In fact, the latest anime convention I was at in October, my friend and I went as Songstress Yuna and Lenne from FFX-2, and we had both heard that there'd be about 4 or 5 other Yunas and Lennes. No big deal, we thought, they're incredibly popular characters (and currently way over done, and usually rather crappily). Well, it turned out that we were the only ones, so everytime we turned around there'd be someone with a camera saying "OMG it's Yuna and Lenne can I take your picture?" It was hilarious, but slightly overwhelming.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 02:19 AM
lil bitchiness
-

Wow! That must have been super cool!! eek!

I love that kind of attention embarrasment

Do you have any pictures from the conventions or just generaly in your costume?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 02:24 AM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

I've never really tried Cosplay! Of course I never get to go to conventions either...confused

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 02:32 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Nah, me neither, i couldnt see myself dressed as an Anime character, or LOTR character or SW character...messed

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 02:33 AM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Star Wars character...*shudder*

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 03:04 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

laughing out loud I'm going to be dressing up with a bunch of my friends for the third Harry Potter movie...

And I have tons of pictures...most of them are at my cosplay site, or you can look up my profiles on Cosplay.com (my name there is Ayana) or Cosplaylab.com (my name on there is Hazel Eyes).

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Mar 15th, 2004 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 06:18 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

My friend is a big Dungeon and Dragons fanatic! He loves to do cosplay when we go to comic conventions. The biggest ones I been to is San Francisco and San Diego. I don't do cosplay but is so cool to see the fans design their customes. From Sci fi to Fantansy cosplay is pretty cool big grin

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 06:43 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

I have a ninja costume.........but thats cuaze im a ninja........................

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 07:56 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Sorry Trinity_Maltrix, but I removed the link from your post. It counts as spam. If you have pictures, please post them on here, rather than links.

Thank you.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 08:36 PM
Peach
mordrem

Ahh, sorry. I didn't want to actually post the pictures here because there's a ton of them.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 09:09 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Its ok, I dont mind the piccys, im sure anyone else wont smile

If you want, and have time, there is no problem how many you post smile

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 09:11 PM
Peach
mordrem

Well, okay smile I'll go through and pick out some of the best pics of my cosplay.

This is the 'famous' picture of me as Lenne from Final Fantasy X-2 (I say it's the famous one because it's the one that everyone's seen laughing out loud )

Attachment: alanalenne2.jpg
This has been downloaded 141 time(s).

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 09:16 PM
Peach
mordrem

Another of me as Lenne...I like this pose, it's really cute big grin

Attachment: alanaposingrandom.jpg
This has been downloaded 149 time(s).

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 09:18 PM