KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Tips

Tips
Started by: Batman_Beyond

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Batman_Beyond

Warning Tips

Has anybody got any tips aon drawing anime, fantasy, people art? ive just started drwing and im not v.good,lol. So if anybodys gots some tips id be v.gr8ful. thanks cool

Meant to be revising.......oh well

Last edited by Batman_Beyond on Mar 18th, 2004 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 08:35 PM
Batman_Beyond is currently offline Click here to Send Batman_Beyond a Private Message Find more posts by Batman_Beyond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

hm.....well it depends, I dont draw anime, but I learned how to draw by lots and lots of practice. start with shadow's and faces, they are a great way to convey realism when just starting out and are the hardest things you will have to draw. besides hands

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 09:40 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Since you're new to art and drawing you may want to have reference and practice from those. And if you want to draw people you may want to collect several body parts (IE: An eye, lips, nose, shoulder, etc.). You may want to practice drawing those first. When you've master those you may want to start graphing, well not graphing more like practicing the sort of the face shape and how everything is placed.

For Anime...well there are alot of different kinds of styles of anime, what makes anime it's own is the magnificent shading and the inbetween cartoon and realism state.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 10:58 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Well, I don't draw anime... But one thing that really helped me, and I know this sounds weird, is drawing bodybuilders... At the time, though I didn't realize it, I really had no idea how to draw people in various poses, and where all the various muscles are. If you can find a good bodybuilding website, and there are plently out there, it will really help to see all the muscles in such an exaggerated form.

Also, observe people--watch how they walk, their facial expressions, the way their clothes fall on their body, etc. This goes for all inanimate objects and animals, as well. Take note of every tiniest detail.

And, most importantly, draw. Draw everything. Draw cars, trees, your dog, the neighbor's kid's swingset, the bedside table, whatever you see. Even if you're not drawing what you eventually hope to be your subject, it will help.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 12:38 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman_Beyond

Hey this is a pic of asha i just did i know it isn't very good but could anybody please tell me how i could improve it thanks.

Attachment: picture.jpg
This has been downloaded 45 time(s).

Meant to be revising.......oh well

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 07:52 PM
Batman_Beyond is currently offline Click here to Send Batman_Beyond a Private Message Find more posts by Batman_Beyond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote