KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Webcomic Forum

Yes/No?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 45 78.95%
No 12 21.05%
Total: 57 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Webcomic Forum
Started by: Vinny Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Webcomic Forum

Would you like to have a Webcomic Sub-Forum to the artwork forum?

Webcomics are those short or long comics you see on the internet every once and awhile. They can be funny, dramatic or just plain stupied but they are still fun to read.

Over the net there is hundreds of them everywhere and some are really worth discussing about.

Once I have two good Examples set up I'll post them for people to view.

So if you think it is worth having a sub-forum, vote yes.

(Ritoshi you better be right ninja )

( Raz said to post it here In the suggestion thread )

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 01:02 PM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

I think it would be Hilarious and more activity in here eek!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 01:06 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

big grin Cool

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 07:42 PM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

Yes.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 07:43 PM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Would you like to have a Webcomic Sub-Forum to the artwork forum?

Webcomics are those short or long comics you see on the internet every once and awhile. They can be funny, dramatic or just plain stupied but they are still fun to read.

Over the net there is hundreds of them everywhere and some are really worth discussing about.

Once I have two good Examples set up I'll post them for people to view.

So if you think it is worth having a sub-forum, vote yes.

(Ritoshi you better be right ninja )

( Raz said to post it here In the suggestion thread )

If it's art, wouldn't the person Posting have to have made it? confused

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 11:12 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Originally posted by Barker

Well, I don't want people posting pictures of Webcomics without giving recagnition. It would be more of a place to discuss Differen't Webcomics.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 12:05 AM
§P0oONY

Nice Idea.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 01:43 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I say no. You'd need the permission of the web comic author, and since they have sites set up for people to view thier comics, you shouldn't be allowed to post them whatsoever, let them get their rightful traffic.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 01:43 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Originally posted by LanceWindu
I say no. You'd need the permission of the web comic author, and since they have sites set up for people to view thier comics, you shouldn't be allowed to post them whatsoever, let them get their rightful traffic.

Is talking about their comics, A bad Idea though? Like some of them need respect and such so why not give it to them?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 01:44 AM
LanceWindu

Is talking about their comics, A bad Idea though? Like some of them need respect and such so why not give it to them?

Use a Web-Comics thread then and discuss them all.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 01:49 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Use a Web-Comics thread then and discuss them all.

That would make it a bit, harder since there is thousands of them out there and lets say one person wants to talk about a certain one, and others are talking about a different one. A Sub forum would just allow different comics to be acknowledged and to have chats go on about them.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 01:50 AM
LanceWindu

That would make it a bit, harder since there is thousands of them out there and lets say one person wants to talk about a certain one, and others are talking about a different one. A Sub forum would just allow different comics to be acknowledged and to have chats go on about them.

I'm sorry, but most webcomics I've come across suck.

There are some funny ones with good art, but they are few and far between.

Most of them are just the exact same image in 3 panels with different text. Lazy ****ing so called artists with a crappy sense of humor. No wonder they make webcomics instead of real money making ones.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 01:58 AM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

I'm sorry, but most webcomics I've come across suck.

There are some funny ones with good art, but they are few and far between.

Most of them are just the exact same image in 3 panels with different text. Lazy ****ing so called artists with a crappy sense of humor. No wonder they make webcomics instead of real money making ones.

Thats a little biased Ken, Some people put alot of hard work into them and they have great comic strips. There are ones that are Sucky Images with Cheap Jokes like Cyanide and Happiness, but after being around alot of different ones you see some really good things come out. Whats the harm with opening a sub forum either? If It sucks Raz could just close it, Like its not hurting anyone.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 02:02 AM
LanceWindu

Thats a little biased Ken, Some people put alot of hard work into them and they have great comic strips. There are ones that are Sucky Images with Cheap Jokes like Cyanide and Happiness, but after being around alot of different ones you see some really good things come out. Whats the harm with opening a sub forum either? If It sucks Raz could just close it, Like its not hurting anyone.

I just don't see the point really.

And Raz doesn't close shitty forums. *looks to the Tarantino forum, the Terminator forum, etc*

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 02:27 AM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Barker

That's what Raz said in the Suggestion thread - that any posted would have to be original work. One thing people don't always seem to realize is that they're copyrighted to the artist and you can get in big trouble for reposting copyrighted materials without permission.

I can't see much point for it, really.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 02:29 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

It would be about talking about the comics, Maybe someone might post a link to the site to show that as an example or show that thats what they are talking about but still, I'd just have a rukle that no one could post actual pictures, just linking.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 02:42 AM
Peach
mordrem

Then....there's no real point to it, really.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 02:58 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Originally posted by Lana
Then....there's no real point to it, really.

Why Not?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 03:02 AM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

11/2 So Far.
Thats Pretty Cool.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 09:37 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I voted yes.. only if the webcomic was created by the poster

it would be funny to see the kinds of comics the members come out with smile

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 06:41 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote