KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » can somone help me with this pic.

can somone help me with this pic.
Started by: diabloman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
diabloman
Restricted

Account Restricted

can somone help me with this pic.

(please log in to view the image)

can somone help me out here with this pic. to make the resolution higher ? cause i took it to kinkos to see if they can make a poster they said it would look like crap if they made it bigger. they said that if i made the resolution higher it would turn out to look nice. so if anyone is an expert with that please send me a priavate message letting me know. thank you !

ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

Old Post Jun 6th, 2006 11:15 PM
diabloman is currently offline Click here to Send diabloman a Private Message Find more posts by diabloman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Even if you make the resolution higher it's going to look like crap. The resolution comes from the amount of pixel data in the picture, and on the web the (visible) max is 72 pixels per inch. The minimum for printing out a standard pic would be about 300. If you want a huge poster, Id suggest about 2000 pixels.

If the original resolution is 72 pixels per inch(meaning you just got the picture off of the internet), then adding pixels won't do anything, because you'd be creating new data from nothing. If the original picture has say 500 pixels, then you'd be ok for a standard pic.

If you have the original paper picture of that image, then I suggest scanning it with a high quality scanner that will give you about 2400 pixels per inch, blowing it up and then printing it.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2006 11:53 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diabloman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Even if you make the resolution higher it's going to look like crap. The resolution comes from the amount of pixel data in the picture, and on the web the (visible) max is 72 pixels per inch. The minimum for printing out a standard pic would be about 300. If you want a huge poster, Id suggest about 2000 pixels.

If the original resolution is 72 pixels per inch(meaning you just got the picture off of the internet), then adding pixels won't do anything, because you'd be creating new data from nothing. If the original picture has say 500 pixels, then you'd be ok for a standard pic.

If you have the original paper picture of that image, then I suggest scanning it with a high quality scanner that will give you about 2400 pixels per inch, blowing it up and then printing it.
i got this off the net. and i didnt print it cause my printer is crap. i saved the pic. on a disc and took it to them so they can do it off there PC wich is easier instead of them scanning it.

ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

Old Post Jun 6th, 2006 11:59 PM
diabloman is currently offline Click here to Send diabloman a Private Message Find more posts by diabloman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Yea ok, but it's not going to give you the quality you want, you have to do it the hard way. Get an original paper copy of the picture and have it scanned.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 12:05 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diabloman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea ok, but it's not going to give you the quality you want, you have to do it the hard way. Get an original paper copy of the picture and have it scanned.
if i print the pic. and them scan it the pic. is gonna be the same and those jerks dont do that for you tomake the pic. look nicer.

ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 12:07 AM
diabloman
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

i wanted to make a poster of this one but if u save it and zoom in you see the dots big time so this would turn out to look like sh!t for sure. but i zoomed in the other one i didnt see any dots.

ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 12:14 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Do they print photos? Yes. Get a normal print of the picture. Then go somewhere where there is a scanner, scan the pic and set the pixel ratio to max, put it on disk. Bring it back to kinkos. have them blow it up and print another pic that's bigger but with better quality. take the print, and rescan it. it'll be bigger and the resolution will get higher every time you scan a bigger photo(if the photo is decent quality to begin with

its alot of work but its the only way.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 12:16 AM
diabloman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do they print photos? Yes. Get a normal print of the picture. Then go somewhere where there is a scanner, scan the pic and set the pixel ratio to max, put it on disk. Bring it back to kinkos. have them blow it up and print another pic that's bigger but with better quality. take the print, and rescan it. it'll be bigger and the resolution will get higher every time you scan a bigger photo(if the photo is decent quality to begin with

its alot of work but its the only way.
actually yes they did print out a small pic. for me of how it would look and i didnt see any difference. but like they said if they make it bigger it would turn out to look like crap.

ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 12:19 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

You aren't listening. Take the print and re-scan it in a scanner that will give you upwards of 2000 pixels. Then in a computer you can increase the actual size of the pic. Then print out the bigger version and re-scan it with the pixels at around 2000 again

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 12:22 AM
diabloman
Restricted

Account Restricted

You aren't listening. Take the print and re-scan it in a scanner that will give you upwards of 2000 pixels. Then in a computer you can increase the actual size of the pic. Then print out the bigger version and re-scan it with the pixels at around 2000 again
if i print out a bigger virsion the whole pic. wont fit on the paper.

ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 12:24 AM
diabloman
Restricted

Account Restricted

so your saying each time you scan it more and more again each time it looks nicer ? i thought it was the other way around. cause i thought it takes off the color some each time.

ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 12:25 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

That's only if you scan the same information over and over again. Scan the original photo. Scan it so it is 2000 pixels.

Then increase the size of the photo so say, 8x11.(it depends on the size of the original photo, if it's only 4x5 only increase it to 6x8)

Print that. it should be decent quality.

Scan the now larger print with the scanner that will give you 2000 pixels.

Increase the size again, 11x14

Print that.

Scan the image again with a scanner that will give you 2000 pixels.

increase the size again, 14x18

edit the color a bit if you want, then print it.

repeat to get as large as you want

if the color quality does decrease, which it shouldnt, sent a high-pixel image to someone with photoshop

Last edited by Mr. Sandman on Jun 7th, 2006 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 12:39 AM